Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen scrolling not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else having an issue with their Versa 2 not allowing you to scroll through the different pages on the Fitbit? First it would freeze halfway to the next screen and now nothing. I cannot get to settings or anything. This started happening a few weeks or so.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This is the second time I've experienced this.  I restated to no avail. The last time I put it in the charger and it started scrolling.  However,  I'm also having a problem keeping my exercise workouts.  One keeps dropping off. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@Bdarin, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm happy to assist you with your Versa 2 since the screen won't scroll through pages.

I'd like you to restart your Versa 2 as described in this help article. This will refresh your watch internally. Once you've done this, monitor your watch and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I’ve restarted the Fitbit 4 times and still it’s not working as it should/not at all.

Best Answer

Having the same issue!

any resolution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, received some feedback from their twitter account. Someone emailed me from Fitbit about hard reset which I did but it failed. They are sending me a new one.

Best Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 is doing the same thing.  Did you have to send in the broken Versa with the purchase receipt to receive the replacement?

I have no idea where our receipt is so I might be out of luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope mine was under warranty & they just sent a new one! I had ordered on amazon and they looked up the info

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Randy.

i spoke to someone at Fitbit. They directed me to repeatedly turn it off and on. That didn’t work. They then had me do a hard reset. That caused it to not work at all.

finally they said they’d send me a new one. They did send it and didn’t require me to send in the broken one. Also, they needed to know the order number I had when I purchased it. I did it online and found it in my old emails. They sent me a new one and it works great. To be honest, I’ve bought 3 Fitbit’s in my life. All three of them had to be replaced at some point because they were faulty. I think I’m done with Fitbit. That is a really bad record if I had to replace all three.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do a hard reset? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link is broken on that help article. My Versa no longer scrolls - seems to be timed to a software update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit support and they'll guide you. Just let them know you cannot scroll on your face. I got my replacement yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having a problem with scrolling through the Versa 2 screens as well. I have held down the single button on the side of my Versa 2 and it appears to reboot but I am still unable to scroll through the screens. 
Should my next step contact Customer Service? I purchased my Versa 2 in December 2019. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, go ahead and contact them. They'll guide you through the steps you need to take to get a replacement. It's a fairly simple process. 

Best Answer

That's also when my Fitbit was purchased. 

Best Answer
Customer service was very helpful. They may make you go through the reset
procedure once. They asked me when & where I bought the Versa 2 which I
answered that I picked up the smart watch at Costco on a certain date and I
didn't have a receipt, although I could verify the date based on my credit
card monthly statements. They took my word for it and gave me instructions
on how to return the watch. They also notified me when they received the
old watch and when they shipped the new(probably refurbed) watch along with
its tracking code. The new watch has been in use for 3 months now with no
problems (knock on wood). I believe the warranty is good from 1 year of
purchase so you won't won't to dally.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't have to send proof of purchase, either, just when and where it was purchased. They sent me a new watch without returning the old one though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second time I've experienced this.  I restated to no avail. The last time I put it in the charger and it started scrolling.  However,  I'm also having a problem keeping my exercise workouts.  One keeps dropping off. 

Best Answer

Same issue here just started this problem today out of the blue

Best Answer