Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 shutting down / restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

Mine and my wife’s Versa 2 seems to keep shutting down and restarting themselves multiple times a day. 

We won’t notice it until we go to check our watch and then realize that it isn’t responding, click the button and no response. Then it will come back on with the Fitbit icon, and this might happen several times a day. Pretty frustrating to be honest. 

Unfortunately this is not the first fitbit product that does this, both our Blaze did a somewhat similar thing, but instead of just restarting itself it was completely unresponsive until placed on charger, but then would only work for a little while until it happened again. 

So not sure if it’s just me or if there is something wrong with these watches. It’s a shame because we both really like our watches and spent a pretty penny on them.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@MicD

At this point I would try performing a factory reset (restoring versa to factory defaults). Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa your phone's Bluetooth settings (not Fitbit app). To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. This will wipe all data from your tracker so it would be good if you could sync it first. If you're unable to use the screen, please try performing the factory reset using the back button:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a replacement device in your Fitbit mobile app. You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this too, and now I can’t swipe to view any info. Only the main stats screen is available. No apps, no control center, nothing. This is incredibly frustrating. I tried resetting and it didn’t help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@foxlaure which Versa do you have? 2? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I’ve had the Versa 2 for about a month and a half. It was fine until a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa 2, but in the past my Blaze did the same thing....worse actually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@foxlaure have you tried performing a factory reset using button as described above? If it doesn't help you may need a replacement. You will need to contact Customer Support. Link in the post above.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes