Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't sync, red triangle

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 won't sync. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and tried pairing the device over again. It says updating Fitbit (will take 20 min) and goes through the updating and installing phase but then says it cannot sync. Tried this three times or more.  Battery for both Fitbit and phone were full according to the app but it is not functioning properly. When I managed to get the screen to come on last night it showed an image of a red triangle with an exclamation point. Not sure what that means.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I’m having the same issue, it just won’t find my home WiFi network even though it’s working fine. Also tried removing the app and reinstalling and forgetting my versa and setting it up from scratch but no luck 

Best Answer

I have been having the same issues week after week.  Very frustrating.  I’ve done everything you’ve done and followed the directions from Fit Bit with no luck.  I’m giving up.  😓

Best Answer

I am also having this issue. My app says it was last synced at 3:34am this morning, but is currently not connected and won't connect. 

Best Answer

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @MsMartyMac @Tally72 @GailDTS @Kshepp82

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience that you've been experiencing to sync your data and the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far. 

Before considering other options, could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here to resolve syncing problems? And make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here.

In addition, make sure to keep the Fitbit app updated to the latest version available and check the recommendations in this article in case you're using and Android device. 

Hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yes I followed a number of troubleshooting guides including forgetting the device and setting it up again as a new device  on the first attempt to connect to WiFi it did and synched successfully and now it won’t find my network and won’t synch

Best Answer

This has happened to me this afternoon and finally I’ve read that you can actually reboot your watch without losing your data. This involves holding the button at the side for more than 10 seconds, screen goes black, then the fitbit logo comes up. My phone then said it needed to pair, and after I had done that, it all started syncing and working correctly. Not sure whether this will help you but maybe worth a try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

First thing I try is to do a reboot, I have to go to settings, about and turn off as the shortcut stopped working after the last update. Does t seem to make any difference lately 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KittyKat74 Thank you for confirming that your watch is syncing properly again and for taking the time to share the solution that you found. 

@Tally72 In this case, if you already tried all the troubleshooting steps found in the forums and you continue to experience the same difficulty, I recommend that you contact the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.  

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  I have tried all those things and took me a good day just to get the 4 digit number on the screen!  The clock is now either 3 hour behind or more (not sure if the time it shows is AM or PM anymore).  Also refuses to even find a WiFi signal when there are 4 around me including my own which works perfectly with everything else!  I am so frustrated.  I had a Lite that this happened to...was told to reset to factory. I did.....not the big red X and it turned into a paperweight.  I was hoping the Versa 2 would be better......but doesn't look like it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve given up with it, it had been temperamental since last update but restarting it usually worked, but now nothing works, I still get text and phone notifications on my watch though even though it can’t synch 

------------------------------------

Will they support even if it is out of warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Wolfie1038 @Tally72 Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with the product. Since you already tried all the suggestions that can be found in the forums to try to resolve this, I recommend that you continue the communication with the Support team so they can provide you with further instructions. 

The Support team has been taking a bit longer than usual to take calls, so I recommend that you chat or write an e-mail for the moment. Click here to get connected

Thank you again for all the feedback provided. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes