Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3: Another elevation gained question!

I just started road cycling and I use the Versa 3.  I live in a very hilly area and my rides are very up and down and up and down over my typical 20-mile ride, with some pretty steep climbs (I know that this is relative).  

When I finish my ride I excitedly synch the watch to the phone.  When I look at elevation gained on the watch itself it was about 700 feet.  When I look at this same ride using the Fitbit app on my iPhone after synching it is 2400 feet.   When look at the desktop Fitbit dashboard it is 700 feet, as is Strava (which is getting it directly from Fitbit I gather).  

700 feet over 20 miles is only 35 feet per mile, which is typically categorized as a "flat" ride, which I can assure you this is not.   I suspect 2400 is more likely the actually accurate number, but does anyone know why the watch and desktop differ from the phone on elevation gained?   

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Bjdnh - the previous V3 Fitbit App evolved over many years. The latest V4 Fitbit App version seems to be a new product missing many of the established features, algorithms and functionality of the previous version, possibly designed primarily for use with the Google Pixel watches.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes