Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 notifications not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello.

I have a couple of issues.

First (most pressing issue), I'll notice my notifications for my apps (Messenger, Messages) stop. When I look at my watch there is a long list of prior notices and at the top are one or two blank notices. I can not clear them and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the watch. This seems to happen a few times a week, at least.

Secondly, when I get a phone call, even after I have answered and sometimes already hung up, the watch is still ringing.

I am running the latest ver. of software (firmware) for the watch and the latest iOS app ver. I am the sole user/owner of the watch and it's only been set up once I have never done a factory reset (really don't want to).

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @ChaXe. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues with your Versa 3 and for trying to troubleshoot your Fitbit device prior to posting here. 

Since both issues are related to the notifications feature, I'd recommend to try the following:

1. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Versa 3 > Notifications and turn off call notifications.
  2. Restart your Versa 3 and reboot your phone.
  3. Turn back on the notifications on your Versa 3 and the Fitbit app.
  4. Try receiving a call notification one more and also see if you can now clear notifications. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @ChaXe. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues with your Versa 3 and for trying to troubleshoot your Fitbit device prior to posting here. 

Since both issues are related to the notifications feature, I'd recommend to try the following:

1. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Versa 3 > Notifications and turn off call notifications.
  2. Restart your Versa 3 and reboot your phone.
  3. Turn back on the notifications on your Versa 3 and the Fitbit app.
  4. Try receiving a call notification one more and also see if you can now clear notifications. 

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I’ve had this issue too, for months. I have to reboot my Fitbit several times a week. I followed the instructions above and it didn’t keep it from happening again.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @SweetVibe33. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before posting here. 

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I reached out to Customer Support, they had told me that I had to upgrade my phone's software (which I didn't want to do at the time) because that must be the issue, even though this has been happening basically since I had the watch.It's still happening, despite trying what you said and upgrading my phone's software. Any other ideas?

Best Answer

I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any replies at all to my post and today I was ciphering through my junk mail for housekeeping and saw where they had been flagged as junk/spam. Thanks for your reply I see that someone else has this issue and tried your suggestion with no luck. I will, however, try it and way and see what happens. I will try and post my results.

Again, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still happening for me months later, and it has actually gotten worse. I am running iOS 16.3.1 on my iPhone13 that I purchased at the end of November 2022, so my phone's software and the phone itself are up to date. My FitBit's software is also up to date. Any other ideas for correction, other than restarting my FitBit multiple times a week (sometimes multiple times in 1 day)?

Best Answer
0 Votes