Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stopped working after getting wet

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was playing with my son in the pool on the weekend and it stopped working. I wasn't even doing laps and we were in and out a lot... it was charged at about 70% and is about 1.4 years old. I am super disappointed as this is the second time I've purchased a fitbit and it's failed me from using it in a pool. I was told that the Versa 3 is good for swimming so I did not remove it.  I can see condensation inside the watch at the back and would like to inquire about a replacement.  This is super disappointing and hope there can be some compensation for a faulty product. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @JenAGrant. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Please note Versa 3 is water-ressistant to 50 meters. However, water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

If your watch is still not responding after taking the above into consideration, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JenAGrant  - if the watch is still under warranty you can get it replaced where you bought it.

You can chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support and they can tell you if it is covered.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @JenAGrant. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 3. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Please note Versa 3 is water-ressistant to 50 meters. However, water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

If your watch got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. If your watch has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil) and dry it with a lint free-cloth. Be sure to follow our Wear and Care instructions to keep your device clean.

If your watch is still not responding after taking the above into consideration, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes