Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 stopped working after swimming with it

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wore my versa 3 into the pool for ~15 minutes. It worked fine while I was in the pool and shows swimming workout and when I noticed after 5-10 minutes it was stopped. Ever since the watch will not start. I tried all the other options mentioned on forum like dried in sun, keep in rice and then charge it for some time before trying to restart but nothing worked. I have this watch for about 2.2 years with no problems whatsoever until now when I tried to use it while swimming which should not be the issue as Fitbit says it’s waterproof.

What should I do now? Thanks in advance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, @SinghJitu. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. 

If your device got wet, it’s important to take it off and dry it well before putting it back on. On the other hand, if your device has come into contact with any liquid other than fresh water, you should clean it with fresh water and a soap-free cleanser and dry it with a lint free-cloth.

If you've done the above but to no avail, may I know if your Versa 3 vibrated during the restart process? If it didn't, I'd recommend trying the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reply, as stated in my post I tried all of the options mentioned in forum. However I have tried the steps which you mentioned but all in vein and none of them worked.

It’s really not acceptable that Fitbit says that watch is water proof and I tried first time last two year and it’s stopped working.

Can you please suggest the next step?

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi @SinghJitu - the watch seals can be of poor quality and detiorate over time.

If your watch is under warranty get it replaced where you bought it.

You can also chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Did customer service ever solve your case?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, yes customer service helped and issue is sorted out.

Best Answer

What was the results? This happened to me and I did everything that was posted and it still doesn’t work. The only thing it shows is the 0 percent charged even though its been plugged in all night on 3 different nights with 3 different usb ports

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, You can reach customer support and they might replace your watch if it’s not under warrant. 

Best Answer
0 Votes