Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Battery, Bluetooth, and WiFi issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I'm ready to pull out what little hair I have left with frustration from these (plural) Versas. My wife's Versa was fine for the first month (literally) then the battery would go flat overnight. The Versa needed charging a couple of times a day. After working with Tech Support, a new Versa was shipped. We've spent days trying to get the new one to work and stay working. Where the old Versa would connect to both BT and WiFi reasonably quickly, the new one stubbornly refuses to connect to either requiring multiple attempts. Even if it does connect and starts updating/downloading, it will fail when it loses the connection after a few minutes. Yes, I've place the watch/charger close to the router (in fact, even so far as on top of the router). It's not my phone, it's picking up my old Pebble several rooms away and a BT LE music control device on my motorcycle out in the garage at the back of my property. I've tried with three iPhones, a 4, a 5S, and a 6. I've checked my router to see that's it multi-casting, I've turned off WPS on the router and reverted to manual (passphrase) - that helped getting a connection. After hours of trying I managed to get the new Versa connected, updated, and installed on my wife's iPhone 6, not that lasted. The Versa has again dropped the Bluetooth ball and won't reconnect to the phone. Now, every few minutes, her Versa vibratesd, flashes the Fitbit logo (one can't do anything with the Versa when that occurs), and now it says there's a clock face error. She can't do anything about that as the Versa won't BT connect to her phone. I'm tempted to believe the new watch is faulty. A refund would be nice! Would I recommend one of these? Absolutely not!
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It does spund faulty. You will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We did this afternoon.  After much testing with them, they have asked us to return it and they will ship yet another replacement.

Best Answer