Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa- HR Monitor- Not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

I'm a loyal fitbit customer bought my Fitbit Versa in December 2018, after having a Charge and Charge 2, and never had any issues! However, now the HR (Green light) Infrared isn't working and the Versa is not picking up any HR info.

It had been working sporadically on and off the last few weeks, and once I shut it down it would work again for a few hours. I have performed the shutdown, as mentioned by other users, AND  a factory reset to no avail.  Any tips on how I can get this to work again? 

As I'm on specific medication, I and my Dr rely on the sleep information provided by my Fitbit to monitor my sleep pattern so it's rather important I get this sorted soon. 

Thanks in advance all 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hey girly! I’m having the same problem! I’ve tried resetting mine, charging it, turning the heart rate on and off through my versa settings no luck. How do you do a factory reset? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Kimberly, if you open the Fitbit, go on to  Settings in the app > About > Factory Reset.

Just remember to sync it before as it will erase all the data and good luck 😞  Hope you sort it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. I've done the soft reset and the factory reset and nothing is working. So frustrating. If you find a fix. Please let me know 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep reading this is a common issue with the Fitbit Versa and nothing you can do to fix it unless it’s under warranty. Mine isn’t as it’s a year and a half old 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh that’s unfortunate. Wish I had known that this would be an issue down the road before spending over a hundred bucks on it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know right! It's so frustrating after only a year and a half and the HR goes bust. What's the point of having the watch if i can't monitor HR during sleep, or during exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes