Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Light Bluetooth Broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So one of your recent updates pretty much screwed up Bluetooth on the Versa Light.  Don't know if it is just triggered by the smartphone application or just an issue with the firmware, but the issue IS IN CODE YOU WROTE AND NOT HARDWARE RELATED.  My problems started last Friday.  I am assuming after a forced firmware update in the background.  I did not update the firmware recently yet I had the latest.  I don't like updating your firmware since I have never had any luck with it.  First thing I noticed was a change in the watch face.  Didn't put too much thought into since I liked it and had more important things to worry about.  The next thing I noticed was the time was way off (more than a hour) a couple of days later.  That is what led me to discover the watch had not synced since the watch face changed.  Since then, I have been trying the various troubleshooting instructions and other things.  I have tried the troubleshooting with multiple devices.  It comes down to something in the initial pairing with the latest firmware screws up Bluetooth.  After the first easy pairing, either the watch stops announcing its presence or becomes impossible to pair with.  After a factory reset, the pairing is quick and easy.  Once the latest firmware is on there, I get maybe one pairing to sync and nothing afterwards.  Note that the issue is not with my phone.  No device I have (laptops, phones, tablets, etc.) will see or pair with the watch once it has entered this state.  Ever device will have the exact same issue.  Either they all are unable to find it or they are all unable to pair with it.

Since multiple people are experiencing the issue, it is obviously not specific to my watch.  It would be appreciated if you would acknowledge this issue and provide an ETA for a fix.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

HI @meragrin  -  as you have multiple devices that could be confusing the issue.

Use your phone only and turn off all other devices and ensure there are no other Bluetooth user's devices with you.

Logout of the Fitbit App and turn off Bluetooth, then restart the phone and the watch.

After a few minutes turn on Bluetooth and login to the Fitbit App.

Head to the home screen on the phone without closing the App.

A sync popup should appear, click on it and it should find your watch, pair and link it.

If it doesn't run the "+Set up a Device" in the App again.

Hope that helps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ I am only using multiple devices to search for the watch on Bluetooth to rule out that my phone is the issue.  I only pair it with my phone.  No confusion going on.  I'm not your average user.  Tech is my profession.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue as you are, hope we get this resolved

Best Answer
0 Votes