Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Wifi - Standalone Device

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't think this is possible, but I'm hoping a future Fitbit OS update will allow the Versa to act as a standalone device. The fact that many of the smart features and apps rely on a smartphone being located within range limits the Versa significantly. Are there any plans to use the WiFi feature for more than just app downloads? It would be nice for simple features like notifications, weather updates, apps like Nest to continue working away from your phone. 

Just my thoughts.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, there! @DAsp4 

This is a great question. One of our greatest strengths here at Fitbit is the wide range of devices we offer – from Flex 2 to Ionic, something to fit everyone's individual needs. But it’s true that we are just getting started within the smartwatch category. Since launching our SDK last fall, we have seen strong growth in our developer community and are proud to offer more than 550 apps and clock faces in our App Gallery today. We continue to make performance improvements to our OS with each release and will continue to enhance it over time.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

DAsp4, the Features Suggestion Forum is HERE. What you suggest would be a significant power user would be one objection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, there! @DAsp4 

This is a great question. One of our greatest strengths here at Fitbit is the wide range of devices we offer – from Flex 2 to Ionic, something to fit everyone's individual needs. But it’s true that we are just getting started within the smartwatch category. Since launching our SDK last fall, we have seen strong growth in our developer community and are proud to offer more than 550 apps and clock faces in our App Gallery today. We continue to make performance improvements to our OS with each release and will continue to enhance it over time.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes