Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa and Text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

I am new to the FitBit group.  I have had a Microsoft Band 1 for over a year... I love it.

I wanted to upgrade my watch as it is being held by duct tape...LOL

I just bought the Versa last night...and had to return to the store once yesterday to help with the set up of my watch.

I do not wanna have to return AGAIN... BUT... I can not get the Starbucks app to update and work on my watch... AND I can not get ANY TEXT MESSAGES on my watch.  Also I can not get FB Messenger or email on my watch either.... ALL of which I can do on my old duct tape watch.  It feels like a step backwards.   HELP... I love the feel of the watch... but for $200 to only be able to count my steps is not worth it.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

None of my text messages are coming through either 

Best Answer

Same here. Do you have a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phones are you all using? Are they on the Supported Devices List? Dont panic if theybare not. Phones on te list DO work, but phones not on rhe list may work.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my new phone  LG Stylos 2v and my old phone Samsung Galaxy 4 ... And I am having the issue with BOTH ( either) phones syncing to the watch.  1 phone is on the list.. 1 is not.   It works when it wants to... and not when I want it to.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned mine

Sincerely

Dana Padjen
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got an iPhone 7+ and upgraded the latest software on the Versa last night.  Same problem as the OP.  What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and returned my Fitbit Versa . I spoke to someone multiple times and they gave me no answer. That is one of the reasons I use it. So it was upsetting and just got an Apple Watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having two issues but I am most concerned about the messages. I have set the phone up to get messages from Hangouts which is my main text messaging app yet I don't get messages. I think it might be tied to the fact that my phone will only sync after I restart it which is another issue in and of itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, my phone appears not to be on the list. It is a Oneplus X (One E 1003). The watch keeps saying I have to restart my phone to restore tracker notifications. Of course I tried that several times but nothing changes. I get no notifications at all. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes