Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa and treadmill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I use my versa on the treadmill every morning and feel my step count is accurate enough. But my calculated distance varies every day. I walk roughly 3500 steps of a morning. Today is says I walked .99km and yesterday it told me I walked 1.6km with a matter of 150 steps difference. My walking stride length is right. Doing the calculations manually it should say I'm walking approximately 2.5km. Can anyone help me fix this? Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Willowillow, since you are not physically moving, your Versa will need to calculate, ie:take an educated guess, at the distance.

This is done by taking the steps counted and multiplying by the stride 

Have you calculated and set the stride on Fitbit?

Now a little physics.

As a person runs faster their body leans a little more forward and the stride usually increases or the steps get faster to keep from falling.

As the speed of the run/treadmill changes, so will the stride.

From day to day, depending on how one feels, the stride can also change.

Not knowing if you do change the speed, I would say one of these would be the most likely cause of the varying distance.

What I did was take 5 walks on 5 different days, walking the same course of which I know the distance.

Multiplied the distance of the course by 5 and divided it by the total steps taken on these 5 walks. This gave me an average stride over these 5 days, and while the distance still varies, tye variation is minor.

Best Answer