Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery drain quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charge my Versa when it says my battery is low.  I have no apps running.  The battery life seems to be lasting only 3 days after I charge it.  I use the USB charging unit that came with it.  My Versa is not even a year old yet.  Anyone else having the same problem 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's battery is draining faster than expected. Thanks for letting me know that you've no apps running and that you use the original charger, I'll be glad to help you with this. 

If you haven't done so yet, I'd recommend taking a look at this help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Give this a go and let me know if your battery keeps draining quickly. I'll be around, keep me in the loop.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ours started this way.  Here is what happens next.  Still under warranty started working with FITBIT to resolve. The heart monitor will get intermittent next.  It will then start to black out and have to be reset.  And you guessed it now its dead. 

During the troubleshooting procedure the warranty lapsed and Fitbit will not stand behind the known defect that the versa has.  

Good luck I wish you the best on your $200 one year watch.

Best Answer

Hi there @DOCJ94, welcome on board. We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

Please know when a Fitbit device is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option. For our full warranty terms and conditions, see our Return Policy and Warranty.

Our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

I understand that the outcome of your case with our Support Team is not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your case, please get in touch with our Support Team again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do for you.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my new versa lite last month and since getting the new update my battery is draining super fast. Charged it last night before going to bed and this morning it’s already down to 54%!  

Best Answer

Thank you for your response @MarreFitbit. I do understand what you describe.  Devices fail, things break and wear out.  Our issue was the watch was not abused. The issues developed and time passed while troubleshooting and  warranty period lapsed.  I'm sure your engineering/Quality department is looking over the repetitive failures which indicates flaws in the versa design. I am to an engineer and understand all testing and development and the need to improve.  At some point a company needs to own its flaws when they are costing their customer base constant concern and money. Example airbags recalls in autos. I prefer to have repeat customers instead of one time.  Can't retire on one watch sell.

Best Answer

This has happened to my Versa 2 also since the update. Now not paired, won't pair and won't keep time. 

Best Answer

Hi there @Mimi1612, welcome on board. If you're also having issues with your watch's battery life, please try the suggestions I posted here and let me know how it goes. 

Hello @DOCJ94. I totally understand where you're coming from. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback towards our Fitbit products as this helps us to keep improving. 

Hey @lootho, thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. Thanks for letting me know that your Versa 2 was having battery issues and now it won't keep the time or pair to your Fitbit app. 

Keep in mind that your Versa may be showing an incorrect time since it hasn't synced yet or if it hasn't been properly paired to your Fitbit account. Your Fitbit grabs the time of the device you're syncing with.

To see when was the last time your watch synced or check if it's still paired to your Fitbit account, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image. 

If your watch is unpaired, please set it up again by following the steps at: How do I set up my Fitbit device?. On the other hand, if your watch has not recently synced, follow these troubleshooting steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Also, I wondered if the mobile device you're syncing with is included in our list of supported devices? You can see the list at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s fine. I checked all those things. My battery life pre update was lasting at least 4 days but since the update I’m not even getting 2....it’s obviously something about the update because i haven’t changed anything else on the watch

Best Answer

Hi there @Mimi1612, thanks for the update. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just reviewed this thread after trying to get some resolution with chat. I am having the same issue with my Versa since the update. My battery lasted for 3-4 days prior to the update and now it just blacks out after 20-30 minutes. Rep in chat told me to do a battery test after charging it for 2 hours. I will humor them and do that but I truly believe this happened with the firmware update. The Versa on the charger says 100% charged, but when I take it off the charger it with black out again. So frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi there @jjalameda, welcome on board. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated. Thanks for the details shared in your post and for your feedback about the latest firmware update.

Since you've already contacted our Support Team, my best recommendations is to follow the tips and recommendations they already provided to you. If your issue is not yet solved after those suggestions, feel free to contact them back again so they can continue assisting you.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to say this but your just spinning your wheels because it will never be right again. For the love of God do not factory reset because after I did this my Fitbit blacked out and died forever. I at least had some glimmer of hope trying the other troubleshooting advice from Fitbit. Realizing that was the only option I hadn’t tried so I said WTH (per Fitbit’s recommendation I might add) and that was All She Wrote. I wish you luck! Hopefully you will have a better outcome than myself. SJ

Best Answer
0 Votes