Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Had my Fitbit versa 5 days now and from a full charge the battery dies by 4-5 pm. I have read different tips for extending the battery life but that involves turning virtually everything off except the watch !! 4 days use?! Anybody had that?? Happy to hear of any suggestions before I return to the suppliers!
Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I'm here for the same reason. I bought mine on 8/15/2018, so 7 weeks ago. I made full use of it's features and would get about 4 days of use between charges. Then, starting about a week ago, it only lasts about 24 hours. I've even tried the steps for extending battery life such as disabling several features and turning off all day sync, that gave me about 25 hours before it turned itself off due to low battery.

Best Answer

Hey guys! Welcome to the Community! 

@brian_g05, I appreciate you have taken the time to disable some of the features from the Versa to make it's battery last longer. Since the issue persists, I have escalated your case to our Support team so they can further assist you. So keep an eye on your inbox. 

@Jbett01, thanks for trying the last longer battery tips. Since the issue persists, and considering that you just bought the Versa, maybe you can go to the retailer and ask for another Fitbit Versa, as the battery of this one might be defective. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. Worked great for a month with no issues (all features on and battery life was 3 to4 days). Last week for some reason the battery life is down to 22 hours. Nothing was changed on the watch or the app. Let me know if there is a solution or just a bum watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I purchased mine the end of July. It worked good with all of the bells and whistle’s going. Now I’m getting about 10 to 12 hours maximum, no different settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Raelrea and @Firejohn, welcome to the Community! If the battery of your Versa isn't lasting as expected, I'd like you to wait until you need to be charged again, when you receive the "low battery" message, please fully charge it, restart it and try the battery last longer tips in this post. Keep an eye on the battery level and let me know how fast it is draining or if the issue got solved. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
I let it drain to where I get the low battery and also to where it was
completely dead. Charged it to full (it sometimes only displays 99%) then I
restarted it and it lasted about 22 hours. I redid the process and then
factory reset it with the same results. Getting a little frustrated that
the watch was working great (3 to 4 days between charges) now it's down to
hours. I love the watch and features, but am having a hard time dealing
with the charging issues.

John
Best Answer
0 Votes
It lasted less than 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. Same with me. But I called fitbit. Mine was within the warranty period so they are sending a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same with mine I've had to practically disable everything. Part of the reason why I got mine was so I can keep an eye on calls and messages whilst at work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it within the warranty period? I ran the test they suggested and it still was not 

holding the charge so they are replacing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I bought my versa in may and everything was working excellent but about a month ago my battery last about 5-6 hours as limit when it was lasting about 1-2 days. I haven’t touch anything in the watch so I don’t why my battery dies so fast now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought it at best buy about 2 months ago.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well it seems by all of these posts that this is a issue with this new version of Fitbit. I followed all of their instructions when it came to them doing a battery test. It proved that the battery is not Functioning properly. Perhaps if we all go back to Fitbit they will recognize that maybe there is an issue with the battery in this particular watch and rectify the situation. But they do have a warranty and they will honor it.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your watches battery life. If you have already tried the instructions provide in this post and keep experiencing this, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

So I haven't forgotten about this, I ran the recommended test and I actually saw a drastic increase in battery life, it jumped up to using about 14% battery per 24 hours. I'm continuing to test enabling some of the features one at a time to see which one(s) are the culprit. So far it looks like the 'Quick View' option (i.e. just twist your wrist to turn on the screen) is the big bad. After enabling that feature, my battery has dropped 79% in 24 hour and 12 minutes. 

I have turned it back off and am fully charging my fitbit back up, and I'm going to run the same test with only all-day sync enabled to see how that affects it. I'll be sure to write back in a day or two with more results.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is that's one of the features of the watch. If it is a battery
draining problem they need to fix it. If I cant use the features of the
watch, I'm better off with a plain watch that lasts alot longer.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been charging my Versa for four days.  It will not charge above 3%.  I have tried varous USB port sources.  I have cleaned the unit with rubbing alchohol.  This is my second Versa.  The first would charge.  I spend more time charging and trying to trouble shoot than acutally using the Versa.  I would really just like a refund at this point.  I spent my workout time trying to fix my Versa.  Very disappointed.

Best Answer
Right?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes