Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counted over 5,600 steps sitting on table

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why did my versa add over 5,000 steps? I took it off to sleep, put it on a table, woke up and put it back on and to my surprise had 5,647 steps . I have been a Fitbit user for years, but only had the versa for 5 days... is this normal ghost stepping? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Jyahz, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Let me ask you this, was there a fan or anything that may have been buzzing or vibrating on the same surface that the Versa was placed on? If so, please place your watch  on a different surface without any vibrations and see if the issue persists. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @Jyahz, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Let me ask you this, was there a fan or anything that may have been buzzing or vibrating on the same surface that the Versa was placed on? If so, please place your watch  on a different surface without any vibrations and see if the issue persists. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I had the same issue. 32,000 steps overnight. 

Mine was was on my dresser next to a fan, so I guess that explains why it happened. Is there a way to remove those steps? I can’t for the life of me figure it out. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told that it shouldn’t be near a fan because of the vibration, and I too have no clue how to remove the added steps...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @KS83, welcome aboard! Yes, if your Versa is placed close to a fan or some other vibrating surface, I suggest you to move it away. You'll see that it will stop counting random steps. Now, if you want to delete those extra step tracked, follow the instructions in this help article to negate them by logging a Driving activity. 

@JyahzAs I mentioned above my friend, try to log Driving as an activity to remove those steps. 

Give it a try guys and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Yesterday I sat for the majority of the day teaching classes to high school kids.  My fitbit tracked 19,000 steps during this period where I literally probably took 20.  It was on my wrist, just like normal.  The night before, it didn't record any of my sleep.  I restarted my Versa and my iPhone three times each.  It tracked my sleep last night but I had 1800 steps when I woke up this morning - literally before I took a step out of bed.  Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @BlondieEsq, it is great to see you around more often! Let me ask you this, on the days your Versa tracked so many extra steps, did you leave it close to a fan or anything that may have been buzzing or vibrating on the same surface? If so, place it on a different surface. If this isn't the case, and you were wearing it all the time without doing of course so many step-based activities, let me know and I will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Thanks. It was on my wrist and they are sending me a new tracker. It stopped tracking my sleep as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @BlondieEsqSmiley Happy Sounds good that our Support team will send you a new Versa to get you back on track. If you have questions about your replacement, feel free to keep me posted! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer