Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting steps & floors while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received the Versa as a gift from my husband, was so excited about all the features, until I noticed that it was counting steps, and 1000s of them, while I was driving. Did some research and saw that many people are complaining about this. And no, I don't take a bumpy road to work. I am hoping that this can be fixed, without having to remember to use another app every time I drive somewhere. I assume that this is also then affecting the calories, rendering this watch almost useless, I can rather go running with my phone.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to welcome you @bee3212.

Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Unless you're driving in a car with a very stiff transmission or on bumpy roads, your device should not give you any false readings. 

If your Versa does record false activity, you can learn how to delete the data by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I edit or delete Fitbit data and activities?.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. The fitbit versa

is counting floors while I am driving. My car does not have a stiff transmission nor are the roads I am driving on bumpy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suggest you should change to other branch like Ticwatch or something else.

Don't trust in fitbit. They always say "we're working on it"

Best Answer
0 Votes