Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting steps during sleep

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I woke up with 11000 steps. I was wearing my versa all night. This is my second one the first one was doing this also. I have tried everything and I'm really disappointed. This is a core function and it's no where near as accurate as my alta with steps and sleep. Can I please get some as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and rarely move so I just don't under stand.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Edale192, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this issue to my attention. Tell me, when you're sleeping with the Versa on your wrist, is there a fan or anything that may have been buzzing or vibrating near you? If so, please turn it off and monitor your sleep.

Now, if the Versa is not near a fan or anything buzzing or vibrating, please restart it by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then try to use it on your other wrist and monitor your sleep. Please note that if you start sleep tracking by tapping on "Begin Sleep Now" it's possible you won't be able to see Sleep Stages for that given record. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue, although mine isn't nearly as severe. I got my Fitbit Versa yesterday as a Father's Day gift, wore it last night, and woke up this morning to 97 steps and 407 calories burned. I read elsewhere that Fitbit tracks your BMR calories as well, which is where the 407 comes from (although after doing the math, my calories burned sleeping should only be 312), but I'm trying to figure out where the 97 steps came from....unless I'm sleep walking, lol!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you peruse the forums, this is a well known issue that Fitbit has yet to solve.  Please go in the app and check your step graph during the time period you accumulated the steps.  I'm willing to bet there is no activity.  If the steps were caused by a vibrating source, you would see
activity during the period.  Many of us have accumulated unwarranted thousands upon thousands of steps with the Fitbit just sitting out by itself or on the charger.  This was unacceptable to me and I returned my Versa.
@Edale192 wrote:

I woke up with 11000 steps. I was wearing my versa all night. This is my second one the first one was doing this also. I have tried everything and I'm really disappointed. This is a core function and it's no where near as accurate as my alta with steps and sleep. Can I please get some as to what I'm doing wrong. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper and rarely move so I just don't under stand.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rmiller1656 I think it's pretty normal to get ~100 steps while you're sleeping. While you may not actually be walking, you wear the Versa on your wrist. Some movements are going to translate to steps. 11000 is not normal, though.

As for the calories, you're correct, you burn calories 24/7, even when lying in bed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad you said that. I woke up this morning with 4000 steps on my Versa BUT I have been sleeping with a small fan very near me. What can I do to prevent this in the future? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've returned mine as well after trying what fitbit suggested and it still not working. It was a waste of $250 when it can't do it's number 1 core function. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes