Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting steps while using a Peloton bike

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Peloton cycling bike that I have had about a month and when I ride it the Versa doesn't get my steps.  Is there something I am doing wrong bc I ride it for about 30-45 min daily and I know I do a lot of steps when standing and sitting doing the bike? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You need to use the Exercise Shortcut Spinning.  When you click on the Track Exercise tile on your Fitbit dashboard on your phone and then click on Spinning, it will tell you your heart rate zones, the calories burned, the number of steps it gave you, and the number of active minutes.  I use it for a recumbent bike and the only statistic I don’t understand is the bike says I rode 6.5 miles and the Spinning result says I went .12 mile?????  I wonder if Spinniing for the Peloton will work the same way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you but where do you find spinning?  I usually have to type everything in and there is no option to pick your exercise? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the Fitbit app on your phone.  Click on the Versa icon in the upper left corner.  Click on Versa.  Scroll down to Exercise Shortcuts.  You can only have 7 at a time so, if you have 7, click on Edit (mine is in the upper right corner) and then delete an exercise.  Then click 0n +Add Esercise and you can choose Spinning.  If you don’t have 7, you can just add.  Then re-set your Versa by holding the left button and the right bottom button until you see the Fitbit logo (it will go all black first...be patient!).  Hope that works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm assuming your Versa is on your wrist during your spin rides. Your wrist is stationary ( for the most part) during these sessions. So there is no way for it to register the movements of your actual feet. You can log a spin ride, but it will just calculate calories burnt and such based off your heart rate.

You can try to attach your versa to your shoe or ankle and see what the steps read ....but if its on your wrist on a stationary bike, its impossible to get a accurate number of "steps/rotations"

Best Answer

You can categorize your workout as a run and it will convert it to steps.  We have step challenges at work and I want to get credit for my Peloton workouts and that is how I got step credit.

Best Answer

So when you take a cycle class on your peloton you set the versa exercise category to running and it tracks your steps?  I assume the step count seems accurate.   And do you use the running category instead of spinning as spinning category does not track steps?  One more question...do you upload your peloton stats to your Fitbit account?  Thanks for you answers.  I am thinking about purchasing a peloton.  And I love my Fitbit versa.  

Best Answer
0 Votes