Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa died not responding anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit just stopped working in the middle of the night, and I have charged it over and over again and my screen stays black.  No lights on in the back.  I haven’t had it more then a month 😞 I loved this versa. This sucks 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Justswell @Challo29 I'm tagging your posts for customer support assistance. Someone should reach out to you shortly. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

@Justswell welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear your Versa got ill. Have you tried rubbing the charging contacts with alcohol and plugging to usb port of your computer for charging for several hours? If this does not help, please try 3-button factory reset:

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo flashes (this may take up to 3 minutes)
  2. After Fitbit logo disappears, release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.

You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

If you're successful with the factory reset, you will need to remove the tracker from your phone's paired devices list in Bluetooth settings and set up your Versa again in Fitbit mobile app.

Please let me know how it goes and we will take it from there. I'm sure we can find the solution. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

My versa just die too. The light just went dark the the screen started getting darker until it was gone!! It is changed I just checked. I try to do what was recommended but so far not luck. I love this watch I don't want to loose it!!!🤔

Best Answer

@Challo29 have you tried a simple reboot (press and hold the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo appears)?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all the recommended action mentioned on the post. Nothing has help.
Versa is dead still.
Best Answer
I tried everything as well. Still dead

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

@Justswell @Challo29 I'm tagging your posts for customer support assistance. Someone should reach out to you shortly. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did too right after Christmas.   I called customer service and they walked me through a number of suggestions.   When that didn't work,  they sent me a new one.

Best Answer

Hi, contact Customer Support and ask them to do a battery test for you. 

Best Answer

@gracy65 I'm glad you got a new tracker! 😊😊😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine went dark also this week. It synced the night before. I took it off the charger and it was very hot. I  called customer service and they requested I send in the watch along with charging cable. They send an email with a pre paid lable. He didn't ask me to try anything once I explained the screen was blank and the watch was hot.

Best Answer

What a joke. My fit bit versa was purchased in December for nearly 300$. And it died on February 5th.   

The information on the fit bit customer service site says fit bits purchased in November or December can be returned up u till January 31rst.

im so pissed. As I purchased 3 at the same time. As gifts. And now mines **ahem**ed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine for mother's day late year but, actually this is the second one
I have problems with. Thankfully it broke before the 30 days soy I returned
it to the store. Now I am doing whatever it takes to keep it but so far
nothing. I miss it three days with out it😥
Best Answer
0 Votes
It has a one year warranty. 
Linda

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

@Challo29 your Versa has 1 year warranty, so you're covered. I flagged your post but perhaps you could reach out as well. Here's the link.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok after my little rage on here yesterday . I found customer service and we tried a few steps and nothing worked.  

They are sending me a new one in the mail.  

Im thankful for this

sorry about my outburst of anger on here

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Justswell no worries. I'm glad Fitbit is sending you a new versa! 😊

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had same exact experience. Very hot after charging all night. Won’t show any sign of life. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aetread please do not charge or wear it. Please reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the delay in my response.

@WIUpnorth@Justswell and @aetread glad to read that you have received assistance from our Support team!

@Challo29 Our support team should be getting in touch with you shortly. They will be more than happy to help you figure out what is going on and how to resolve it. Please keep an eye on your inbox, and trash and spam folders in case the mail is filtered to those.

@Marrrmaduke Thanks for being around to help other users like in here! 

Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer