Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa disconnecting from Fitbit App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Fitbit Versa yesterday and have instantly had connection and sync issues with my iPhone. I found it repeatedly cycling in and out of Connected and Disconnected in my Bluetooth menu every few seconds. Similarly, it cycles between Sync Now, Syncing, and Looking in the Fitbit app. 

After several troubleshooting sessions and two tech support chats, I'm finding it STILL disconnects every time I open the app. Yes, I've done the whole power on/off, unpair/pair, uninstall/reinstall, factory reset multiple times already. As long as I keep the Fitbit app closed, it stays connected. Which means I can't do Anything on the app, as I lose connection. I am ready to return this and go to an Apple Watch instead.

My question is has anyone else noticed this is when you start having sync/connection issues, if you're having them?

Moderator edit: format and updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Forums @dixiefrances! Thanks for sharing your experience with your Versa and the Fitbit App for iOS. I appreciate that you have let know the troubleshooting steps suggested by Support. 

Since you have a case with Support, the best option is to continue working with them. I'm sure that they can check further in the system to see what is happening and get you back in track in no time. 

Keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck. Honestly. I’ve had mine for 3 weeks and it only worked the first day. I’m having the exact same problems as you. Ive spoken to someone both in the phone and via chat, and made zero progress. They’ve escalated it to their “higher support” who is “investigating”. But somehow they’ve decided and already told me I won’t be issued a refund or replacement because they can’t seem to find my purchase. How convenient.  I hope you get a good resolution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent a sum total of 5 hours on tech support chat and following other troubleshooting instructions, only to have it disconnect again every single day. Sadly, my ultimate solution was to return it to the place I purchased it. I really wanted it to work out, but it just didn't. I've already replaced it with an Apple Watch and haven't had a single issue with connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @K8ono! I appreciate that you shared your experience with your Versa and Support. Since you contacted Support the best option is to continue working with them. I'm pretty sure that they can find a way to help. 

Regarding your order, if you purchased your Versa in the Fitbit Store let know Support about the email you used to create your order or order number. If you purchased your Versa with a retailer to speed up this process you can go and exchange it in the store.  

Thanks for your reply @dixiefrances!  I appreciate your thorough feedback with Fitbit Versa and Support. I'm really sorry to hear that Versa wasn't the right fit for you. 

I wanted to let you know that this has not gone unnoticed and be assured that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. I hope in the future you give us an opportunity to help you on your fitness journey.

Catch you later! 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I get this and it wont connect to my hub even if I sit right next to it, Just waiting for the patience to contact Fitbit 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this Versa for a few days and same thing is happening to me. It's useless. Tech support over and over for the same issue? Its a shame because I liked this watch. Time to go return it. Seems like it's a constant issue that isn't being addressed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with pairing between my iphone 6 and versa. so i decided return fitbit versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So i only had my fitbit versa for a few hours and suddenly it was’t syncing or not adjusting my settings. Finally i decided to delete all the apps I extra installed. Since then it works again. I guess one of the apps had a bug..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with Lumia 950 + Versa; Lumia 950 xl + Versa. If we have Bluetooth enabled in the phone - Bluetooth connection is active up to 2 hours. Later, the phone does not find Versa. Versa restart and connection again active - for 2 hours.

Lumia 950 XL DS | Charge 2 | Charge 3 SE | Versa
Best Answer
0 Votes