Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa inaccurate floor counting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa counts around 200 to many floors per day.

I have done all the device resets/tests that fitbit has suggested. none have changed the outcome.

since 200 floors/day throws all other analytics out the window - my $250 smartwatch purchase is now sitting in my desk drawer (I am unable to return it at this point).Wish there would be a fix to this as i MUCH prefer the smart watch layout to my Charge.

not sure what to do at this point other then wait and hope that they fix the issue.

please advise. 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Hey @BuddyKoerner, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Sounds pretty weird that your Versa is counting so many floors per day. I'd like you to take a look at the information in this help article about how Fitbit devices tracks floors. If after checking upon that data you see that none of those factors affects the floors counted, I'd like you to, first of all, make sure that your Versa is paired to your Fitbit account, wear it for a few days and let me know how the floors tracker goes. 

I'll be around. 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem my versa is counting too many floors per day and the active minutes are over counting too 311 in one day on a non class day

Best Answer

although i have done this a few times before (run all the troubleshooting regarding this issue) - 100 step test, 2 floor test, device reset...etc

I guess i will "officially" go through these steps because i started my own thread. 

in regards to the article mentioned:

"

WHY DO I GET EXTRA FLOORS SOMETIMES?

If your device measures floors, it detects floors using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Though your device is designed to look for pressure changes based on elevation gains, pressure changes due to other causes—such as a gust of wind, a weather change, or opening a door—can occasionally cause your device to register an extra floor or two. Another factor is floor height. Your device registers one floor when you’ve gone up about ten feet, which is the average between residential and commercial floor heights. If you climb long staircases you may find that the device's floor count doesn’t match how many floors you’ve gone up since the staircase was taller than ten feet.

"

this is the only information on floor counting i could find and it doesn't really tell me how to fix it if there is a problem. let me know if i'm missing something.

I will pair the versa to my fitbit account and give it a 48hr test run.

ill update with the results

-buddy

Best Answer
0 Votes

yah so this seems like its not an isolated occurrence. here is a thread regarding the issue with over 150 replies:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-counting-too-many-floors/m-p/2823237#M33562

Best Answer

not looking good.

put versa on at 11:00 AM and am currently at 52 floors.

have not left the house. house does not have stairs.

Best Answer
Seems the software is messed up don’t seem to see fitbit doing anything about it YET

Sent from my iPhone  
Best Answer
0 Votes

Time for Fitbit to take notice and get the problems sorted 

Best Answer

Same here. Counts double the number of floors compared with a Samsung Gear Sport+ Microsoft Band 2. Only received it a few days ago. Love it but might return because of these issues (overestimates calories too 300+). Although I love it otherwise. So dissapointed.

Best Answer

Pretty poor from Fitbit these issues don’t seem to be getting addressed Its getting near Xmas let’s hope there is not going to be a lot of Versa users in January complaining about their vresa’s 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated a few weeks ago still looks like there are some bugs in the update my resting heart rate has went up since the update sitting doing nothing and my heart rate has jumped to 70 usually in the 50s has anyone else had any problems 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with the heart rate on rest...and too many floor counting. My versa counts floor even I stay only in bed..during sleep. 

Have news about those issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not heard anything from Fitbit but I do see lots of post saying that the heart rate monitor has stopped working looks like Fitbit has a problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I have the same issue, rebooted, finally had to replace. Second Versa now counting flights of stairs inaccurately too. I fly a lot and was driving in mountains. Fitbit seems to get messed up by this then not correct. Very serious flaw. I am going to try to get my $250 back, but I know they will just want to send me another defective watch. Oh well,,,hello Garmin at this point. What a shame, my Blaze was terrific were it not for water resistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has become increasingly inaccurate following the last update. I used to register between 150-250 a week (which sounds about right). Now I'm routinely registering 700 or more flights a week with no significant change in my routine.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. My Versa shows 30 or more floors, while I climbed 6. This behavior started after one of firmware updates. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem and it started a couple weeks ago.  242 floors today.  I had the same problem with my previous Fitbit (can’t remember model). This one is a Versa-2.  It is annoying that they can’t fix this problem.  Maybe I’ll just have to go with an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes