Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PEBBLE VS. FITBIT

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have always owned a PEBBLE, which was bought out by FITBIT.  I have have now tried two different FITBIT watches but they do NOT compare to the PEBBLE.  You'd think since they now own PEBBLE, they, meaning FITBIT, would be able to figure out how to incorporate all of the GREAT features the PEBBLE offers into their newest release of the Versa.  On my PEBBLE, I can respond to text messages either via my voice or preset responses.  I can change what each button does and each button allows you to choose two different options.  PEBBLE, updates without having to turn on your location.  I did purchase the Versa, because they (FALSE) advertised you could respond to text message.  As I thought, FITBIT is getting closer to the options of my PEBBLE, but this was FALSE.  And why can we NOT see our sleep pattern/results on the actual watch?  Instead, we have to log into the app or online.  Another disappointment, as my PEBBLE, shows your sleep pattern.  I have read other posts, in regards to PANDORA and how you have to pay to upgrade to use it on FITBIT.  Are they going to release other music options, which do NOT require a subscription, meaning paying for it?  Yes, I understand you can upload music, but I already have a FREE PANDORA account and I would like to just use what I already have set up. As for the notification settings, the PEBBLE, offers many different vibrations for different notifications (text, calls alarms).  Will FITBIT be releasing a firmware, with different vibration options? Overall, disappointed in the release of the VERSA, I was really hoping FITBIT would have stopped up their game and come out with some new technology from all of their other products.  I will give the VERSA a little more time, but like my previous attempt with the BLAZE, I will be returning the VERSA and going back to my reliable and functional PEBBLE!

Can FITBIT, confirm when the new firmware update will push, and allow VERSA users to respond to text and calls as they FALSELY advertised?????  I did see when I did my firmware update last, one of the new items was to respond but this option is NOT working.

Frustrated and Disappointed!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I agree with you. I had 2 Versa and I returned it and got a Samsung sport gear. I love it. I haven’t had to restart it, factory reset it, unpair repair my Bluetooth, uninstall reinstall my app, call customer service, etc.  All these issues that came with my Versa. My new device can do all the things you mentioned except see your sleep pattern. It shows how long I slept but not the patterns which is ok. But it is so much more advanced than the Versa. I get all my notifications and calls. The text respond is awesome from the quick replies, voice replies, and writing or typing your replies. This was what I thought the Versa would be but this watch is all that and more. So I don’t feel like I’m losing out on anything from Fitbit. I feel like I’m actually advancing having all these features on the Samsung sports gear! And to be honest, I bought the Fitbit for its challenges and trails but since they have no plans in updating it or creating more, Fitbit is just a regular fitness tracker which is archaic compared to what other fitness smart watches can do currently. And for $200, it isn’t worth it in my opinion especially with issues with it scratching or cracking easily. I bought all the bumpers and screen protectors. The versa next to the Samsung looks so cheap and fragile. I didn’t not have to put any bumper or screen protector with the Samsung since it is well made. 

Best Answer

I agree. None of the Fitbits compare to the look of the SpeakBeat Time Round.

why doesn’t Fitbit continue the Pebble as a subsidiary line of Fitbit!? Why destroy it! What a wasted opportunity of having a whole new following. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not allowing me to delete my accidental response (long story) to myself

Fitbit, why?

=/

Wonk.

Best Answer
0 Votes