Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa incorrect steps count

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been reading all of the issues everyone has been having about incorrect step counts. I too have seemingly been having issues with phantom step counts. But now I'm lead to believe someone has just majorly screwed up some of the programming.

When I look at the total counts from the past week, they are completely wrong. However, when I look at the hourly breakdown, the steps seem accurate. So which developer can't figure how to add properly?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

It's great to see you participating in the Community @MustangBaby.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the information you are seeing? In the meantime, if you think that your Versa isn't being accurate, I recommend seeing how many steps you have so far, walk 100, see how many it registered and let me know about it.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit, I was unable to properly upload the screenshot from my phone but this should hopefully take better.  Also, the original title was actually more precise to the nature of the problem than that to which it has been modified.Screenshot_20180710-143849.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @MustangBaby and for the attachment.

Have  you checked if your Fitbit app is updated? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at the How do I update the Fitbit app for Android? post and follow the instructions provide there. After following these steps, sync your Fitbit.

Let me know the outcome. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to bed with only a few hundred steps since I just received my fitvit and I woke up with over 5 thousand. And I know for a 100% fact I do not sleep walk

Best Answer

Ls

@Jkish0812 wrote:

I went to bed with only a few hundred steps since I just received my fitvit and I woke up with over 5 thousand. And I know for a 100% fact I do not sleep walk

Same thing is happening on my Fitbit versa for last 2 days. Magically have 6-9k ateps when I wake up. Getting tired of all these bugs with Fitbit

Best Answer

Here is my screenshotScreenshot_20180714-084625_Fitbit.jpg

How can I have 20k steps and .5 mile? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlejandraFitbit, the first thing I did was check to see that the Fitbit app was current on my phone.  However, I am a software developer and I cannot see how that should make a difference.

I was trying to think of a reason why the app would ever communicate to the device what the total step count should be and could not come up with a reason; the DEVICE should keep track of the steps and then relay that information back to the application/server.  My screenshot only shows what I was seeing in the application, but the device also showed that same total step count, which leads me to believe that this is a firmware/hardware issue and not something with the mobile application.  This bug really needs to be addressed soon since you can look across the forum and see there are many people having this problem.

Best Answer