Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not syncing correctly.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit what happening with your syncing ! 

I have to restart my phone , restart my watch and in the end it doesn't work .

Anyone planning to purchase the watch pls don't they have syncing issues . 

The watch is good but the connection for Bluetooth and notification sucks big time.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
342 REPLIES 342
So what seems to be working for me is if I connect the versa to the charger and then try to sync thru the app. Give it a try and let us know.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

That works occasionally but is not consistent. The things that work the most often are to remove all of my connected devices from my phone and reboot both the phone and the Versa. I have occasionally had to uninstall the Fitbit app completely and start over. It is terribly annoying and way to difficult to do everyday. 

Best Answer

I have tried unpairing devices and turning my phone off and back on and still no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave my Blaze to my daughter and my Charge HR to my son and they have no issues. I was excited to purchase the Versa, now after these issues of not syncing, I'd LOVE to just return it. But how to I take one of the fitbits back from my children? I am very disappointed about not syncing because I really need to receive notifications, I dont always have my volume on my phone on and it was wonderful feature to have the Fitbit vibrate when a call or text coming in.  What to do???

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is the same version I have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a little annoying as the whole reason we are asking for help is because the versa isn't syncing and then to be told to sync it before a reset. 

Best Answer

It sometimes takes several reboots before it will sync. This is not a fix, it is very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hello @CakeOD and @StephcH thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you around too @trossell@JessopY @PattieL1108

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank those of you who have already tried to troubleshoot this situation. If you're still having trouble syncing your Versa, please reply to us with the following information:

1. Phone model you're using.
  2. OS version running in your phone
  3. App version installed in your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is getting ridiculous.  I had a charge 2 & never had a sync issues.  I hate the versa.  You should not have unpair pair. Turn bluetooth on & off.  Turnoff other bluetooth devices.  Are you kidding me?  You should not have to go through these  gyrations in order to get the versa to sync.  Something has to be fixed.  

Galaxy S8.  Fitbit app version 2.91

Best Answer

Agreed- Fitbit please fix. A lot of money into this devixe for this feature not to work properly. It's basic, should of worked before releasing. 

Best Answer

Working with a Samsung Galaxy S9, there should be no reason this should not work. It's a fairly updated phone.  It's not like I'm using a 10 year old flip phone. Everything on my phone is up to date. Like I said in previous threads and emails, Ive tried it all, the only way I can get it to sync is to go through all the steps of unpairing, disconnecting  

bluetooth, restart phone, blah blah.  And to have to do that everytime is ridiculous. I never had issues with the Charge HR 2, or Fitbit Blaze Syncing, but the Versa has been nothing but a pain.  I would discourage anyone from purchasing until this is fixed.

Best Answer

Hello @Susieqr6 thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @trossell I hope you're doing well. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response.

@Susieqr6 thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

@trossell I've also reached our team in your behalf and it seems you have already created a case with them and they have requested some information from you. Would it be possible for you to reply to them? This will be very helpful for our team to assist you further with this matter.

Thanks again for your understanding, in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will take whatever help I can get. Please help make the connection
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, you need to mark this thread as NOT SOLVED.  Too many people are having sync issues.  There has to be a fix.  I truly hate this device.  I loved my Charge 2 & never had any issues with sync.  I wish I could return the Versa.

Best Answer

Only way I can occasionally get my to sync is to completely unpair it from my phone and from the fitbit app. Restart my phone, turn off bluetooth and back on and start all over.. and it takes multiple attempts to get that to work. I would not buy another. My husband seen a sale in one today and I said absolutely not.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Word Choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @trossell and @Susieqr6 thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope you're doing well @TRoden it's nice to see you around.

@TRoden I appreciate you have let us know you're also experiencing this situation. Would it be possible for you to let us know the exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. Additionally, please let us know the model of mobile device you're using and the OS version running in it. 

@trossell please note that, as mentioned earlier, our Support Team has contacted you requesting some information that will be useful for them to check this further. Please reply to them so they can proceed. If you're not able to see their email, check your junk or spam folder.

@Susieqr6 I have noticed our Support Team was able to assist you and provided you a satisfactory resolution. Note that when a thread is marked as solved, that means a member of the Community considered a post as helpful and mark it as a solution. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps taken to fix issue.
Remove the Fitbit app reinstall Fitbit app
Updated all apps associated with fit bit
Turned fit bit off
Rest Fitbit sync
Removed Fitbit from sync and reconnected paired
Everything I have seen as suggestions beside above.
😡😡😡😡

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TRoden I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa works with a Huawei phone, but I have to MANUALLY sync it everyday.  VERY annoying. And it should have been noted that it doesn't work well with this brand of phone.  I would not have purchased the Versa.  I would have purchased a Garmen. Very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mking7119 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is not syncing with your phone properly.

I'd like to help you and turn the bad experience you've had with your Versa into a good experience. Please let me know what is the model of your Huawei.

In the meantime, please check out this help site, which has a list of the compatible devices. Finally, make sure that your Fitbit app has the "All-day-sync" option enabled.

Looking forward to your response! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes