Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa just died

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my Versa this morning, it was 100% when I put it on, the I logged 3000 steps walking a dog.  When I looked again at my Versa, several hours later, nothing showed.  It is black and non responsive.  Help.  I’ve on,y had it about 2 1/2 months and it s never been dropped or gotten wet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Do a Restart and do it several times if necessary.

Best Answer
How can I do a restart if there is no screen to get to settings? C. Carson

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cynthavl  To restart your Versa hold the left and bottom buttons at the same time until you see the Fitbit logo appear (about 10 seconds) then let go.  If the battery is dead, put it on the charger to give it some power because a dead battery won't restart.  I had one Clock face cause my Versa to run down very quickly.  If your Versa successfully recharges and reboots, consider a different Clock Face to check if that's the root cause.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Versa for only about 3 months.  I had to return it because it would not charge.  Had it on the charger for about 12 hours and got no charge.  I checked the charger to make sure it was working properly.  I have had several times when the screen would go  black and would return on it own.  I have had times when I pushed the button to check the time and the screen would not respond.  I finally called FitBit and was told to return the Fitbit.  I returned it on August 5 and it was only today August 18 that they told me they were sending me another one.  Have anyone else had similar problems with Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cynthavl wrote:
How can I do a restart if there is no screen to get to settings? C. Carson

Sent from my iPhone

Simply follow the instructions I gave you by clicking on Restart.

Best Answer

Unfortunately many. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too! 

Went to bed last night (17 august) working fine as i literally checked the time as i was in bed. woke up this morning at 8 and it has black screen no Bluetooth syncing. Tried resetting several times but just get a quick vibration and green light briefly flashes underneath. No screen. No fitbit logo. Only purchased in April. 

Can't shut down as black screen. Tried contacting fitbit via app but no response so can't even send back under warranty. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it mysteriously began working again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called their customer support 877-623-4997; they were very supportive, sent me the paperwork to return the fitbit to them.  I just got word today that they will replace the it and it has been shipped.  This took almost 25 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Began working as mysteriously as it stopped. It must be a problem with Fitbit rather than my unit.

Cynthia W. Carson
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, it mysteriously came back to life without my doing anything.

Cynthia W. Carson
Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine off, left it for a couple of hours and when I went to take it upstairs it was working again. I hadn’t done anything. If it happens again, I’ll go the route you did. Thanks. C

Cynthia W. Carson
Best Answer
0 Votes