Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Am very fusterated am spending more time trying to trouble shoot this thing.  I purchased the versa last Thursday and all Friday it did not sync.  Finally yesterday I did a factory reset, when it came up it asked to do the upgrade.  After doing that it worked great all day yesterday.  This morning it’s not syncing and not even counting my steps.  Is anyone else having this issue? Am about to go return this thing and get the Apple Watch!!!!!! 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Cynram0628 What's your phone model and OS?

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar problem...worked yesterday but now even though it's paired to the iPhone, it won't sync.  Tried dropping the Versa in the Fitbit app but when I try to re-add it to the app, it just spins at "Connecting to Tracker" (even though the screen exclaims "Found it".   Lots of advice on the forums but nothing seems to work.  I'm a longtime Fitbit user but this one might be going back.

Best Answer

I'm having the same exact issue. I'm pretty upset about it- I bought the versa Thursday and had syncing issues all day Friday. finally I uninstalled the app, removed the versa from my fitbit app, removed all devices from my bluetooth on my phone, reinstalled the app and added the versa and it worked all day Saturday. but now it wont sync again since 3am this morning! I'm so frustrated! I've been combing the forums for any advice and I've tried everything! Updating the app, my phone, I even did the factory reset and lost all of my data from Friday. I really want to keep this watch I love it but I am thinking about returning it because it won't work!

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 8 IOS 12.1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cynram0628 is it still not counting steps? This is quite weird especially that after the upgrade it seemed to work. I know it's very frustrating but can your try rebooting it several times? Mainly to see if it resumes it's step counting. Re syncing, I've been seeing issues since latest iOS update (hence I defiantly do not update my backup phone which is iPhone 7). I would suggest trying to sync with a different device to see if it goes. Also, I would do the following:

1. Remove Versa from iPhones Bluetooth settings (forget)

2. Uninstall the app

3. Reboot the phone. Do not pair.

4. Install the app again. Do not set up Wifi within the app.

5. Reboot Versa.

6. Log in to the app and grant all permissions. Force sync.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chckr if you removed Versa from your account (Fitbit mobile app), you need to forget it in your phone's Bluetooth settings before adding it again as a new device. After forgetting Versa, reboot both phone and tracker.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I "reboot the tracker" (the Versa, I assume)

Best Answer
0 Votes

With forgetting the device and 'reboot' (holding both left and bottom right buttons) was able to connect.  For some reason it didn't give me any active minutes or my sleep time but maybe that's because of the restart.  Will see what happens tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 8 IOS 12.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is fully syncing today with steps, exercise, sleep, and active minutes.  It was working before, hoping it doesn't lose sync again as the fix process was a bit of a pain.

Best Answer
0 Votes