Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa pausing on its own

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m having trouble with my Versa pausing itself numerous times during my water workouts. It’s missing half (or more) of the workout. What’s causing this and can it be corrected?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm thinking there are two options that could be causing this. One it could be that you are pressing the button with your wrist also it could be that something like sweat or other objects that could cause the screen to pause.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I'm thinking there are two options that could be causing this. One it could be that you are pressing the button with your wrist also it could be that something like sweat or other objects that could cause the screen to pause.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have positioned the Versa two fingers from my wrist as the instructions say. As I’m in the pool, it’s probably not a sweat issue. I’m wondering if it’s pressure from water as I move that’s pausing it. Anyone else have this problem? I’m seriously thinking about returning the Fitbit and getting something else.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have positioned the Versa two fingers above my wrist as per instructions. As I’m in the water already, I don’t think sweat is an issue. I’m wondering if it’s water pressure as I move through the water that’s pausing it. I’m seriously considering returning the Fitbit and getting something else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think that is a very likely possibility for the water pressure to cause that. How deep are you going ?
Best Answer
0 Votes
My wrist is never deeper that three feet. I am a water aerobic instructor and do some pretty forceful movements through the water fairly near the surface.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
What do u mean by forceful movements?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Arm sweeps, breast strokes, and work with bouys and noodles. I wouldn’t think the water would be pressing on the watch face though as all those moves lead with the other side of the arm or along the edge of the watch.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea I definitely agree that what you are doing should not cause your watch to pause but I think that it could be pausing because it could be losing connection and auto pausing.
Best Answer
0 Votes