Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa physical damage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

While walking in a parking lot, my wrist free from interference, when the latch gave out between my Versa and strap without cause and the Versa and strap fell to the ground. Your warranty which says it covers defects like the faulty latch apparently doesn’t cover the damage from said defects.

So because I had a faulty latch my Versa broke and yet I can get a new latch because that’s covered but not a replacement Versa. My Versa is less than 6 month old. I spent 230 on it, and now it’s worthless because according to customer service I didn’t report the faulty latch before it did it’s damage. Even though I didn’t know it was faulty until it damaged the versa. This is absurd.

I hope that no one invests in your products when you refuse to stand by them. The fact that your response was “sorry for the inconvenience.” That’s heartless and not supportive at all of your customer base. I had to save and budget to afford your product that’s supposed to withstand swimming, dancing, running etc... and when because of its own defects it breaks while I’m walking to work you won’t replace it is absurd. This is unacceptable.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Scthomse, welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your Versa damage and appreciate all the feedback provided about our warranty. But as you were told, this type of damage is not covered under warranty. You can view our warranty policy here.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your customer service rep acknowledged that a faulty latch pin had been the cause of the damage. They also said that that pin and strap could be replaced, but that the damage the faulty pin has resulted in could not. I have read through your warranty at length repeatedly. From my perspective you are choosing not to cover the damage created by your faulty product and not standing by your product. You could choose otherwise but you appear to be a company that puts profits over customers. In my discussions with customer service I’ve been hung up on, I’ve been promised return communications and then never received them, I’ve been denied the opportunity to speak with the folks actually making the decisions. It’s very clear that as a company you don’t want to acknowledge that your product is flawed and try and improve it. You’d rather cower behind the not explicit wording of your warranty and keep repeating yourselves. You’ve lost me as a customer. In the past I had bought multiple fit bit products. It is now my mission to make sure no one buys your products again. Because no one should buy things from a company that self acknowledges that A) they are faulty and B) regardless we will not honor our warranty.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was promised more than a week ago that I would be contacted by Fitbit to discuss my situation since further. They have not bothered to be back in contact. Customer service that doesn’t follow up with customers when they promise to is worthless. You really need to take a hard look at your priorities as a company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes