Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa randomly opens different screens randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last couple of days my Versa (which I got for Christmas 2018) has started to randomly vibrate and show the notifications screen (displaying the “Nothing new here” message) or going to the exercise shortcuts screen. At first I thought maybe the top right button was stuck, but that’s not the case. I also don’t have a shortcut button for the notifications. I wondered if it had got water in it as I’ve, obviously, been washing my hands a lot more over the last few months, so I’ve had it in a warm, dry, place but that’s not resolved the issue. I’ve done a factory reset and no change. It’s annoying because it can happen overnight and then wakes me up, and the Fitbit often doesn’t then respond to pressing the left button, which should take me back to the clock screen. Is this something that just happens with Versas over a certain amount of time? If so, it seems pretty poor that the device is not even 2 years old and is failing. If not, how can I fix this? It’s not exactly a cheap piece of tech and I would expect at least 3 years life from a smart watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @KazB, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa randomly opens the notifications section or starts the exercise shortcut screen. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

In order to avoid providing the same information, let me know how the factory reset was performed. In the meantime, try a regular restart as described in this help article. After this, monitor your watch during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit Thanks for getting back to me, I’ve done the regular reset a number of times, which made no difference. I’ve used the 2 methods for factory reset - holding all 3 buttons, and selecting factor reset from the settings on the Versa.

I last did this about 36 hours ago and although it initially improved the problem is back almost as bad again. I had to take my Versa off last night so I could sleep.

@JuanJoFitbit It’s now about 72 hours since I last did a factory reset, and there is still no improvement in the situation.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KazB, thank you for for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanJoFitbit, thanks for this. Hopefully we can get something sorted out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KazB, you are welcome. You will receive a solution soon.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this ever resolved for you?  Same started happening to me today...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MnLynn It was escalated to the Support team, fortunately it started just within my warranty, so I had a couple of options available. I suggest you email the Support team to see what if there’s anything they can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes