Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa's screen became unresponsive

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unfortunately, I am the most recent person to be affected by this. Today while swimming, I noticed that my versa wasn't coming on when I got out of the pool. I dried it off, waited a couple of hours, and tried resetting it two or three times as I had researched. The backlight came on but the screen was black.

I am sort of upset and confused. I even checked to make sure that the versa was waterproof before getting in. Here was the result:

Fitbit rates the Versa as water-resistant to 50 meters, meaning you could quite literally take it scuba diving. So long as you don't plan on going deeper than 160 feet, it'll come back up to the surface in working condition. That means that it's the perfect swim tracker, able to withstand the pressure of each stroke.

I was in a pool that was maybe 7 feet deep and I didn't even dive in!

I would just like to know what to do from here. Is my Fitbit versa able to be saved?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @jenharris93, welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding the unresponsive screen issue that your Fitbit Versa has experienced, I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat. Don't hesitate to get back if more assistance is needed.

I'll also be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Versa dies after swimming club.  My Fitbit was replaced three times because it died after swimming withint the warranty time frame.  Alas, with Covid, my club swimming pool was closed, yet it re-opened and after 3 swims my most recent Versa bit the dust, died, gone by-by.  I vowed that I would not get another Versa because it is false advertising that this tracker is waterproof - it is not as you can see by the many people who post that it dies after it gets wet.  The Versa does not track bicycling well at all - and with all of the tips of what you need to do to get it to track - its not worth the hassle.

So it is on to a better quality watch.  I've heard Garmins are good yet I'm going to research aroung.

Fitbit tracks steps well and that is all.  

Best Answer
0 Votes