Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen is cracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Complete disappointment ... I had my Fitbit Versa for 3 days before the band started coming off. First, I thought I had not placed it on correctly. Then, I heard a click and thought “oh, maybe that’s why: no click.”

Then, the darn thing falls off again, it falls and I catch it. So, I changed to the silicone band while I waited for my screen protector to come in. The darn thing slips off, again ... luckily, on my couch. Then my husband, baby and I decide to take a trip to DT Disney to walk around and I made the horrible mistake of taking off my sweater ... of all times to remove my sweater ... the darn Fitbit Versa slides off and lands right on the floor. I was sitting down guys ... a 1ft fall made a huge powdered crack on my screen.

I’ve bought every darn Fitbit thing since the first one came out. I loved it. But what the flying? I’ve never been so disappointed with all the delays on the updates, error messages and poor quality of the band connection. How is this new band even secure? Did I just get defective parts or holes in my Fitbit Versa? Is it bad luck?

Help me out guys ... I tried with support but they made me do some video of how it happened and it’s obvious it doesn’t click on properly ... ugh!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @CheysRuiz, it's great to see you around.

I am sorry to hear about what happened with your Versa screen and appreciate the feedback provided. Since you have already contacted our support team, I recommend keep working with them, I know they will be glad to provide you with a solution, my recommendation is to provide them with a picture of the damaged unit. If you need any further assistance, feel free to post it. 

Catch you later. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, Cheys!  I was so relieved when you and several others posted having cracked screens on the Versa.

Here's my story:

I pre-ordered the Versa two months before it becomes available. At the time, accidental damage protection wasn't offered. After searching through emails, in the junk folder, I noticed the protection plan was offered weeks after the original purchase.  

My Versa cracked when I was taking the Army Physical Fitness Test last week. Prior to the push-up event (1 of 3 events), I set a timer for 2 minutes while standing in line (that's the allotted time for the first two events). While waiting, I recall a gentlemen in front of me asking if I was wearing an Apple Watch. I replied no, and proudly displayed my new Versa and recommended he invest in one. After performing the push-ups, I noticed a crack in the top left-hand corner of the Versa.  It strange because the push-ups were performed on a mat, so how was that possible? After boasting to this gentleman and my husband about my Versa, now this.

Like Cheys, I've owned every FitBit manufactured and never had any issues.

I called FitBit to report the damage. Of course, there was nothing they could do. Rightfully so, I suppose; however, why would charge such an expensive price for a poorly made product?

Lesson learned: 

1) Check for warranty and purchase protection plans prior to purchase (if available). 

2) Listen to husband and spend a few extra dollars on an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased a Versa on Monday and it arrived yesturday.  I ordered mine from Fitbit.  After 1 day I had a chip on the left side of the screen.  It had a protector on it to.  Not even sure how I did it.  Contacted Fitbit via chat and within 10 mins I had a return label in my email to return it.  No questions asked.  

Best Answer
0 Votes