Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen went black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Versa limited edition May 18, 2019. February 23, 2020 I was wearing my fitbit as usual. I checked the time in the afternoon and noticed the screen to be black. My phone indicated that the battery was more than 60%. I attributed it to us being in an area where there isn't much for reception and it being cold. When we returned home I put it on the charger. I restarted it as I had read others were doing in this instance. The fitbit logo came up and it shut back off. I read where others had restarted it several times and it came on. Mine went from getting the logo to getting a barely lit black screen and powering off. I tried different outlets, UL wall plug, bought a different charger, nothing has worked. I called customer service and when the restart options did not work I asked about the 1 yr limited warranty. I was informed that the watch was activated over a year ago. I bought the watch in May! Only thing we can think is it was purchased possibly as a Christmas gift and then returned for whatever reason and I was lucky enough to purchase an already activated device. I have read others getting lucky enough for their device to start back up or to have the warranty in place to replace their device. Has anyone figured out what the actual issue is with the black screen? I ended up going back to my charge which is several years old-and it kicked the versa out so now I cant manage the versa, tried hooking to my desktop in hopes it would be able to connect but the device is completely dead after charging more than 8 hours and therefor I am unable to even manage it through a device.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Kkinxx, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's screen went black and won't turn on. I'm also sorry to hear that you were told that your Versa is no longer under warranty. I totally understand how you feel about this and we appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes