Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa step count inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Versa last week and its not recording steps correctly. I walk around 9k to 10k every day and it just shows 200 or 250 steps. Its been very frustrating. I did call support and we did the restart thing but it hasn't helped.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You need to get back in touch with Support again

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Sabena39 and @NellyG thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this issue. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you followed our friend's recommendation and contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up returning the device. 

I have an Alta so will keep using this one. Not sure if I will invest in a Versa again . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sabena39  My take is something (i.e., the accelerometers) was 'broken' and thus failed to recognise movement. Good if you got your money back, but I can definitively recommend the Versa, it's a great watch that is just so comfortable to wear, pleasant to look at, a lot of options. I like the wallet function, but not everyone can take benefit of it (you need a bank that supports it in your country), the music (even if it tends to drain the battery, obviously), water resistant, good enough battery life, great screen. Two caveats:

- some people have problems syncing. I had my share, but nowadays it seems to have gone, I never notice any syncing issue anymore

- I don't find the hear rate readings all that accurate and good. It doesn't impact calories that much (for me), but if you exercise with a focus on HR you certainly need to read the forum om HR issues with Versa (and Ionic/Charge3).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it was too much to deal with and I really don't have the time and patience to keep calling Support every now and then . I am glad its gone for now . 

Best Answer
0 Votes