Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracked steps and floors while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I drove around 200 miles today and during this drive I somehow managed to walk around 4000 steps and climbs 12 floors. I’m starting to feel like my £200 was a waste of money. Is this issue ever going to be fixed? I wouldn’t say the motorway was bumpy at all and my car is a smooth ride.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

It's great to see you here @OxsophiexO.

I am sorry to hear that your Versa is registering information while you are driving. Your watch might count extra steps and floors when you are driving over bumpy roads for long periods of time. But you have some options:

In addition, I'd like to suggest you to restart your Versa, to avoid such high amount of steps being counted.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm inclined to agree. Mine does the same. It's pretty ridiculous to sell a tracker that can't track properly, then say "oh well, you'll have to manually override the watch, or install another app so that the watch we sold you does what you expected it to do in the first place". It's treating customers with complete disdain.

When is this problem going to be fixed?

And no, restarting doesn't help. Getting rid of Fitbit helps 100% of the time though.

Best Answer