Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracking steps I didn't take.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Versa has given me no problems up until last week. It first started with my foot surgery and needing to use a wheelchair for the time being. My steps doubled using the wheelchair or it would count a running exercise. Then it began counting steps while I was in a vehichle. Now today, I took my Versa off as soon as I woke up so it could charge. It has been on the table all day and it just went off saying I walked 2,229 steps, but I haven't worn it all day. Not sure how to recalibrate this feature or what is going on because I'll be using my wheelchair for about 3 months due to my foot surgery. I do know for a fact it shouldn't be counting steps while in a vehicle or while I'm not even wearing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Yes it will count stepsnin a wheelchair. The only way to avoid thi nis to put it in your pocket. It will also count steps while in a car, which is unfortunate, but it happens due to bumps in the road that the tracker interprets as footfall vibrations. The worse the road surface the more steps you will get. You can get rid of these false steps by logging a Driving Activity afterwards in the app (see below)

If it is counting steps while not being worn is on this is usually due to it being near a vibration sourse (for example a computer fan). Make sure it is on a firm surface to charge. If it is and it still picks up these steps then try restarting it several times and see if that stops it accumulating steps when charging.

Let us know how you go 

Restart your tracker

DRIVING ACTIVITY
To log a driving activity go to your app, tap the exercise tile (running man), then the stopwatch icon in the top right corner. On the screen that comes up start to type in Driving and when the list drops down SELECT DRIVING from the list (very importand not to type in the whole word). Fill in the details and Log it.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand the step tracking while in the wheelchair, I have never had a fitbit track steps while I am in a vehicle though. There is nothing near the Versa while it is charging. It has been on the table all day and it is now up to 3000 steps for the day. I have reset it multiple times but it has not changed anything. I even turned it completely off and back on with no change. I had it in my bag for 2 days while I was recovering from inpatient surgery and it counted steps for those two days as well. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm not wearing it or if I'm standing still, it keeps logging steps for some odd reason. I got this when it 1st came out and just now having these issues. There have even been a few times where it doesn't track my sleep while wearing it, but tracks sleep while it's on the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes