Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa tracking steps while sleeping .... Fan being tracked?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

My versa is not tracking my proper sleep times and today it added over 9000 steps while I slept !  I suspect it may be picking up vibrations from my fan and counting those somehow.  I sleep with a portable fam ON and very close to me.

See the attached pictures. I went to bed at 1215 am and woke up around 915 am.  Note the heavy step activity before 5 am ?Screenshot_20181208-103612_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20181208-091254_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20181208-103136_Fitbit.jpg

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have been watching my Versa for several weeks now and can confirm that the Versa is indeed detecting the vibrations from my fan and counting those as "steps".  In this case, the fan is a stationary fan that does not oscillate and is presently resting on top of my bed while I sleep. 

The solution is to increase the distance between the FitBit Versa and the fan.  

Scott

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

might be a problem on my side, but I do not see any attached pictures and indeed they would be very helpfull.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, without having seen the pictures: Is your fan moving from left to right and v.v.? If so, than yes the fan might be the problem cause it imitates steps cause the left-right movement resembles the wrist's movement. It's easy to check: if possible in your case, switch off the fan and see if steps are added during your sleep or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This forum has a flaw. I reply to post and it automatically checked "accept as solution".  There is seemingly no way to undo this before I hit reply and make my post.  Poor poor design on the forums as this subject is NOT resolved.

The fan does not rotate/oscillate. But I will change the positioning of the fan and see if that makes a difference. I will move it so it is much further away from the versa when I sleep.

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Scott, see my reaction to the so-called accepted solution: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Answer-accepted-as-solution/m-p/3106499#M60131

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been watching my Versa for several weeks now and can confirm that the Versa is indeed detecting the vibrations from my fan and counting those as "steps".  In this case, the fan is a stationary fan that does not oscillate and is presently resting on top of my bed while I sleep. 

The solution is to increase the distance between the FitBit Versa and the fan.  

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes