Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa versus Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know when the Charge 3 is going to be released? I'm patiently awaiting this so that I can compare the features & design of both the Versa and the Charge 3 to decide which is for me as I know I want to upgrade, it's just which one to upgrade to ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

@Kitti718 wrote:

The charge 3 is supposed to be made with Gorilla glass so i don't think the screen protector would be needed. The versa is quite bulky in design and the screen cracks easily. I took my daughter to a gymnastics class and the side of the screen cracked when i went in to give her a hug and tapped it against the table by accident. Didn't think anything of it until i saw the crack minutes later. My husband's versa screen also cracked a week before mine when he was at the gym. You'd think this would be better quality considering it is 1 of their 2 high end smart watches.  

The Versa is also made from Gorilla Glass. Obviously glass is pretty scratch resistant, but it doesn't mean it's completely immune to scratching, impact with certain things can also cause cracks.

I use both my Ionic and Versa without any screen protection. Since launch the Ionic has a small hairline scratch, in order to see it you really have to look for it in the correct lighting. It's not something that bothers me and I much prefer the sleek look of the device without a protector. Obviously you have to weigh up the pros and cons of using a screen protector and decide what option is best for you. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I just wrote up an in-depth comparison between the Charge 3 and the Versa if any one wants to check it out: https://wearablewhisperer.com/fitbit-charge-3-vs-versa/ (I used to work for Fitbit, so I have a good understanding of what features they have.)

Best Answer

Well, as it turns out, Versa still can make the owner more proud than Charge 2 can. I think the biggest advantage (other than smart features) is the bigger display and the visual. It's more beautiful and interacting with watch seems more desirable on the bigger screen. And of course, the ones who'd like to listen to the music or get in touch with apps will always prefer the Versa over Charge 3. Without any doubt, the Charge 3 is the excellent tracker, but in comparison -  I think Versa still beats it.

Best Answer
I agree. The versa was clunky and i hope they will make a sleak slim design
one day but it is definitely a better watch than the charge 3. Although i
am still loving the size of the charge 3 in comparison.
Best Answer