Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is up with the weather app?  It continues to not work properly.  I have factory reset, restarted and all the usual troubleshooting multiple times, but it just won't work right.  I currently have no cities in the weather app except for the default, "Current Location".  Which I would think would shoe me the weather for the city I "currently" am in.  Right now it is showing me the weather for where I live from last night and I am at work in a different city and it is not showing me the current weather in the current city that I am in.  It tells me to sync with the Fitbit mobile app to update.  I've synced, and I've synced and I've synced.  Nothing.  Furthermore, I have "All Day Sync" turned on because this has to be on for the weather app to work to begin with, so I would think I shouldn't have to sync with the app anyway.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

So this is what I'm noticing about the weather app.  I know "All Day Sync" has to be on for it to work, and it is.  BUT I have three different cities in the weather app.  I notice on my Versa that the times it was last updated is different for every city.  WHY?  This makes no sense to me.  If the Versa is syncing all day, how often is it syncing all day and why wouldn't all my cities sync at the same time? 

Also, I deleted the default "Current Location" as this does not seem to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your phone also set to current location in its weather app?

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer

Thank you @swim4lifekac  I have location on for the phone.  The weather app worked initially when I got it, but it eventually started being wonky.  I don't use the default weather app on my S7 Edge.  I use Weather Underground.  But I have since turned on current location within both weather apps, synced my Versa and it works.  For now.  Thank you again.

I always refer to the Product Manual, but there is no mention to make sure current location is on within the weather app you're using.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works, because the Versa gets its information for the weather from the phone. 😀

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Weather App is wonky at best. It works when it wants to. Sometimes I have weather and other times I have no weather, even after synching multiple times. Yesterday I had weather. Today, none! It sux! 

Best Answer

So is there a way to remove the weather app from my versa? When I try to add a location it does not find the city (for my area I even tried Houston, TX and it wouldn't find it), it just list current, but when I try to sync it just says "Go to the Fitbit mobile app to set up weather", but when I go to the mobile app it does not allow me to add a city! I am using Windows Mobile which could be the hole problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

are any moderators going to jump in on this? The weather app (and other apps that require connection to phone) drive me crazy.

Best Answer

I am able to put my city (yes Trinity TX & Huntsville TX do work), and it works for a little while, but then it stops working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is set to all-day sync. I switched to current location and synced again. It's not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That didn't work either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That happens to me to. I am on a Mac OS....it has never worked for me. Oh, and it lists a town that I am not in. And I can't add my town. Good luck. I would like to throw the watch against the wall.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, sorry to read that your weather app is not working like it should.  What you can try to do is:

1. Go to Apps - My apps

2. Scroll down untill you see the Weather app

3. On the right side next to the name of the app, you will see the settings icon.

4. Press that and press add city and enter manually the same data of your current location. F.i, when your current location is London UK, after having pressed add city, enter just London, press search and when London, UK shows, press OK.

5. Restart your Versa after that by pressing the left and right lower buttons together untill you see the Fitbit Logo and release the buttons. Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes