Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I manually enter exercise the wrong time is entered

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I go to enter exercise manually, the app says it’s the right time on the screen, but then on the watch face, it fast forwards the time i exercises by seven hours. For example, yesterday I did barre class from 4:30 to 5:30 PM. Then on the watch it says that I started the exercise at 11:30 PM. I have restarted the watch multiple times, I also have deleted and reinstalled the fitbit app, I also have called fitbit customer service and haven’t heard anything back in a couple days so I thought I would try here. has anyone else had this bug? I have an iPhone X and I’m updated in both the Fitbit app and the iPhone software updates. This problem also causes my sleep log to be fast forwarded by seven hours. The fitbit customer service person had me log into a physical computer and there it shows On the Fitbit dashboard the time correctly, so it’s some bug between the app and the versa 2 watch. I also Iam using a clock face that was created nun Fitbit, the wave form. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is a big bummer. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@haveleah   You should follow for updates in this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Exercises-recorded-in-a-different-time-and-not-showing-data/... 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

The key is that you use an iOS device, Fitbit is aware and working on this. 

Best Answer

Do you or fitbit have any updates? I’ve had various fitbits over the last 5 years or so, and always with an iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@haveleah   You should follow for updates in this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Exercises-recorded-in-a-different-time-and-not-showing-data/... 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW Now I'm having a problem w/ my active minutes with versa 2. When I log exercise manually it is not recording accurate active minutes. For example, today a 75 minute yoga session l entered manually listed 0 active minutes, and an hour yoga class I did on wednesday said 12 minutes. I think it's a bug with Versa 2. I emailed FitBit about this and they wrote back with a copy and pasted answer generally related active minutes that said I should enter my data manually--which is what I did and told them in the first line of the email I sent--so obviously they did not read my email, just copied a standard "active minutes" paragraph from their help section. So frustrating. I just bought the versa 2 recently and now wish I had bought the apple watch. If you know of any tips to fix pleas share, I am not the only person who has posted about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @haveleah when manually adding a past exercise, Fitbit assumes that the watch wasn't used and will over write any data the watch recorded.

For some exercises the amount of intensity will need to be set. 

This however will not completely help in that with many exercises their will be moments of interns exercise with easy periods in between. Your tracker will detect these periods, while manually adding an exercise will average the intensity over the total period of time. 

While the calories burnt may be the same, their will not be any record of these hard and easy periods of time. 

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue 

i’ve had many fit bits the past 6 or more years, and this problem is the first time I’ve had this issue entering manual exercise, as I always have manually entered yoga, barre, and other similar exercises. Sorry I didn’t mention that; meaning this isn’t my first rodeo, and I understand the process behind tracking, but I don’t know why it’s not working correctly now. In the past several years and months of tracking this way, the app would show, as soon as I manually entered and synced 60 minutes of yoga, that i had an additional 60 active minutes. Currently the fit but app is not recording these manually tracked minutes as active minutes. Do you understand my problem more clearly now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@haveleah   I think this still might be related to the bug with manual exercise logging.  I know that Fitbit is in the process of rolling out an app update.  It is v 3.16.  I haven't received it yet.  

Like you, I have had Fitbits over as many years.  But I take full advantage of the Exercise app and use it exclusively for my classes.  I know that there are no exercise shortcuts for rowing or kayaking, but there is an exact or similar enough shortcut for everything I do.  I believe the heart rate based algorithms in the Exercise app are more accurate than manual logging.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer