Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White screen when tapping the screen or pressing a button

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Versa on Friday. It’s been working smoothly since. This morning after stopping the alarm it started to go all white screen for a
few seconds each time i press the left button or tap the screen. It’s like there’s a glitch inside. Also I noticed the pulse reader is flashing between red and green on one side. Related to the screen problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ulf_SE Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa's screen goes blank when you press the left button or tap the display. Please make sure that you charged it completely. If your Versa has enough battery, I'd like you to restart it as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. Finally, press the left button or tap the display and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@Ulf_SE Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa's screen goes blank when you press the left button or tap the display. Please make sure that you charged it completely. If your Versa has enough battery, I'd like you to restart it as described in this help article. This will refresh your tracker internally. Finally, press the left button or tap the display and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve restarted and turned off my Versa a couple of times without any change. The Versa even discharged from 96% to 0 during the day just lying on my desk.

Mvh/Best regards,

Ulf

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos and short messages.

Sorry, it’s not a solution. The problem is best visualized by a short video, but I can’t add one. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ulf_SE Thank you for getting back and troubleshooting this issue as advised above! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
It’s already been handled by the support/technical team. It’s unresolvable and a replacement trcker has been sent.

Thanks for your help!!!

Mvh/Best regards,

Ulf

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos and short messages.
Best Answer

@Ulf_SE I'm so glad to hear that our Support team assisted you already and sent you a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also recently have had the same issue. However I have to force restart my versa for the screen to come back. This typically happens when I wake up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately that didn’t do it for me. Factory reset had no impact on my tracker, but the tech support team solved it for me by replacing it. It now works perfectly 🙂

Best regards,

Ulf
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Minaballerina22 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Versa is still unresponsive even though you have restarted it. Since the happens constantly, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

@Ulf_SE Thank you very much for sharing your experience and feedback. I'm glad to hear that you are back on track and enjoying your Fitbit tracker now.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have got the dreaded “White screen”. I have reset numerous times and charged over night to make sure the charge was complete 😢. so sad....

Best Answer

@WishIWasFitter It's great to see you aboard in our Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's display stays blank as well, even though you have restarted it a few times.

Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. Please keep an eye on your email account.

Let me know if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the white screen problem.  I have reset my watch 6 times and have changed the face 4 times.  When it comes on it’s fine but turns white and you can barely read it, on the other screens it makes it impossible to configure most of the time.  It is changed. 

Best Answer
Fitbit replaced mine!!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

@Bocookies Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response and I'm also sorry to hear that your Versa shows white lines on the display even though you've changed the clock face and restarted the tracker.

Due to this, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@WishIWasFitter I'm so glad to hear that our team handled your case and sent you a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

I'll be around if you guys have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

How do you reset it the Fitbit without the screen? I've charged mine all day and it's no change. It stays white

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jtittle86 thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! The restart process can only be performed as described in this help article.

As an additional troubleshoot, please try changing the clock face to one developed by Fitbit. After this, monitor your Versa and see if the screen works properly.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same white screen issue. It started yesterday morning and I have never installed a third party watch face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Zbennett thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! Since your Versa's screen remains blank even though you haven't installed a third party clock face, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article.

After trying the troubleshooting steps, charge your Versa for 2-3 hours and see if it gets back to life.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife had this problem with the watch I bought her so Fitbit replaced.  Good support team.  I am trying to revive the corrupted one though.  Has anybody discovered a workaround for the issue?

Best Answer

@Kurpalurp, I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

I'm glad to hear that our Support team took care of your case and provided a replacement unit in regards the issue that your wife's Fitbit Versa experienced.

I'm afraid to say that since you exhausted the recommended troubleshooting steps for the defective unit and our team replaced it, they got into a conclusion that the unit cannot be revived.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes