Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi related issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 6/23: The issue related to WiFi uploads has now been resolved. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer should work as expected.

Hi all! 

Our team is aware of an issue which may be affecting WiFi related features. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer may be affected.

If you are setting up for the first time or updating your Versa's firmware, you can do so by utilizing Bluetooth. However, this process may take more time than the WiFi method. 

For more information on updating your Versa, please check out this article

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue!

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all! 

The issue related to WiFi uploads has now been resolved. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer should work as expected.

If you are still having any issues utilizing WiFi, I recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps detailed in this article. For more information on connecting to WiFi, there are some additional resources, here.

If you continue to experience any issues with your watch, let us know by starting a new topic on the community. Smiley Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Hi,

After updating, uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit ap with the latest version etc. I was able to get past stage 1 of the set up. However it has already been 2.5 hours since starting the software update, and the status bar is less than a quarter done. This is over wifi with my phone and Versa sitting next to my router. Since the screen said it would take 30 min I'm starting to worry I have a problem...

Should I persist with my versa (i.e. have other people had very long software update times but eventual success ) or should I start the refund process? 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. My new Versa want updated. It is on for hours. Can somebody help me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the exact same problem, except my versa connects to my wifi just fine then when it tries to update it shows an "X" symbol across my versa's screen. So ive tried the Bluetooth method and its super slow but its getting somewhere (I hope).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have a feeling the Fitbit upgrade servers are down, again.  My update only took about 20 minutes to complete.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar problem last night with my new Versa. The setup / update kept failing after a few minutes. I kept restarting the process and eventually it finished. 

Once it was finished, I was able to add apps, faces, etc.

Now, this morning, it won’t sync. It starts but keeps disconnecting. 

Totally bad experience right out of the box.

BTW, iPhone 8 Plus and not my first Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah i just go my Versa and it is still trying to update some 10 hours later and it is only at 10%.  So i can't even use my Versa until it updates. It feels like a wasted purchase at this point thinking of returning it.

This is not my first fitbit, i had a surge until yesterday when it died, and never had any issues, now this new one seems bugged to the nines.  And i have it plugged into my computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been a Fitbit devotee since 2014. After 4 years, I got a Versa as a Father's Day present to replace my Flex. I unboxed it yesterday, and had the exact same results as the people above. HOURS of time, and nothing past 10% on the download. Multiple restarts. Nothing. Searched the internet. Tried different things. No indication of anything going on on the Fitbit twitter page. Nothing.

Right now, I have a flashing, watch-like, $200 paperweight on my desk. It's useless right now.

While I'm happy to hear that I'm not alone, I'm pretty pissed off about this. I want to know what is going on, and not for nothing, I want to be able to use my new present properly.

DO NOT JUST SEND ME TO THE FAQ PAGE OF THE FITBIT WEBSITE THAT HAS BEEN UTTERLY USELESS.

I want answers and a working thing. And yes, I had my device LITERALLY NEXT TO THE WIFI SOURCE.

Best Answer

I just removed my Versa from my Fitbit account, deleted the iOS app, forgot device in the BT settings, and factory reset the Versa. 

Im gonna try to set it up again tonight. If it doesn’t work, it’s getting returned.

I’m hoping Fitbit is having a server issue, and it will be worked it out today.

Best Answer

I did all of this and am still here 6 hours later. Please let me know if it works for you! (and don't do it at a time you need your phone)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've looked on all their social media feeds and there hasn't been a mention of any down time, is this a normal thing/ can I expect a fix within the next few hours/days etc??

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's the thing that's bugging me! The total lack of feedback or notification of a fault. If a fault was communicated that would be fine but right now I have no clue what's going on. Anyone got a clue as to whats happening??

Best Answer
0 Votes

New Versa - iPhone 6s. Not new to Fitbit. After too many hours and restarts, reinstalls, I finally got them "paired" and the Wi-Fi accepted (green check mark). Started Set-Up download - OVER 2 hours ago 😞

Twitter support sent the same "try this" links as seen on these boards - useless if it isn't connecting. Just now got message to start a create a case - 

Maybe they can help set-up this expensive paperweight. If not - I'm returning it, and getting a new Charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jes3 wrote:

I did all of this and am still here 6 hours later. Please let me know if it works for you! (and don't do it at a time you need your phone)

It won’t be until this evening, but I’ll post here with my results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update - manually forced a sync from the Fitbit app (under device settings). Got excited when watch gave me a green checkmark - but it was shortly followed by red X, and app showed connecting - now downloading (still). 

Bluetooth settings show they are connected. It took 11 hours of on/off, delete/reinstall, etc before I could get to the download step. I'm scared to remove the Versa from the app and try again 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any more news on this? I have been trying to set my fitbit versa up since yesterday afternoon!! Still nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thee is a notification on the website that there are WiFi problems. See the information avond in pink.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told it was a known issue with the wi-fi download on their end. And to use Bluetooth - but that it will take time. There is now a banner on the fitbit support page.

Rebecka Frey
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all. Thanks for taking the time to report this issue. 

Our team is aware of an issue which may be affecting WiFi related features. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer may be affected.

If you are setting up for the first time or updating your Versa's firmware, you can do so by utilizing Bluetooth. However, this process may take more time than the WiFi method. 

For more information on updating your Versa, please check out this article

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue!

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the expected timeline for alleviation of this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes