Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi related issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 6/23: The issue related to WiFi uploads has now been resolved. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer should work as expected.

Hi all! 

Our team is aware of an issue which may be affecting WiFi related features. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer may be affected.

If you are setting up for the first time or updating your Versa's firmware, you can do so by utilizing Bluetooth. However, this process may take more time than the WiFi method. 

For more information on updating your Versa, please check out this article

I will be sure to keep you all updated as more information becomes available. Thanks for your patience while we resolve this issue!

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
25 REPLIES 25

Hey all,

Id just like to announce as of 2pm today my fitbit Versa works and functions correctly. I had to let it update via Bluetooth (which took forever...) but well worth the wait. So if your device will connect to the wifi but not update via wifi try doing it the slow way with Bluetooth. 

Hope this helps some!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything my versa would not syn unless I carried out a shutdown via setting, this morning that did not work either and it cannot even find my iPhone 7 and vice versa via the Bluetooth.

i have uninstalled the app, and reinstalled, lost all data, trying to setup versa again and it cannot even find it.

very frustrating and time consuming, this is my 3rd fitbit no sync problems with previous devices. 

Can some please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@heateris wrote:

@Jes3 wrote:

I did all of this and am still here 6 hours later. Please let me know if it works for you! (and don't do it at a time you need your phone)

It won’t be until this evening, but I’ll post here with my results.

Well, I got my Versa setup last night. All seemed fine until this morning. When I tried to sync, it kept disconnecting from my iPhone 8 Plus. I toggled BT and restarted the Versa. The Versa is now non-responsive and has a black screen. When I hold the left and lower right buttons, the logo comes up and it vibrates then goes to black screen.

What a total mess. Epic fail from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Versa a week ago and I still haven't been able to set up the thing. I've tried everything that I've read to try. All right next to my router. It will pair up with my phone for a little bit and then unpair. I guess I'm returning it today!! I guess I should have read the forums sooner! What a disappointment!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matt,

I've been trying a week to set up my new Versa (Special Edition) to no avail! All right next to my router. I've tried everything that I read to try. I was really looking forward to using this. I'm returning it today!! Very disappointing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! 

The issue related to WiFi uploads has now been resolved. Setup, firmware updates, sync, and smartwatch app/music transfer should work as expected.

If you are still having any issues utilizing WiFi, I recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps detailed in this article. For more information on connecting to WiFi, there are some additional resources, here.

If you continue to experience any issues with your watch, let us know by starting a new topic on the community. Smiley Happy

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes