Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutdown of the watch needed for EVERY sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the past 3 weeks both my and my husband's Versa have trouble syncing with our Microsoft Lumia 950 phones (they're on supported phones list). We can only get our watched to sync if we turn off Versa, turn it on and then after that it syncs. Usually once, sometimes twice in the same day but by the next day, the app again has problems finding the tracker. I'm getting the same issue with my Android tablet (Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013)) - also on the supported list. I have unpaired it and paired it several times, restarted my phone, nothing works. The only thing that works is shutting Versa down, turning it on again, launching fitbit app and then it syncs immediately. I'm a bit tired of shutting it down constantly though.

We do NOT have Bluetooth issue - we can see that Versa's are paired to the phone/tablet. I have tried leaving the always synd option on and off - the problem is the same.

Husband's Versa is 8 months old, mine is 3 weeks old as I just got a replacement for my old one which died after taking a swim in the pool. 

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@VandaJL first thought is to make sure your trackers are only connected to the respective phones Bluetooth. 

You also mention a Tablet, we need to make sure the tablet is off or at least it's Bluetooth is off when syncing through a phone. The idea is to make sure we only have one possible door to sync through.

Instead of turning the tracker off have you tried a restart my holding in the left and lower right buttons?

Turning the phones Bluetooth off/on

Restarting the phone?

You say that you have unpaired and pair, I'm assuming that you unoaired the tracker through the phones bluetooth by removing or telling bluetBlue to forget the tracker.

Since the tracker can not be paired by the user, I'm not sure what process was used to do the pairing. If the pairing was done through the phones Bluetooth, then you will need to unpair the Versa. Then go to the Fitbit app and try a sync.

Best Answer

Don't know if you have other fitbits associated with your fitbit app but I had same issues as you with a 3 week old Versa. I switched it off (hold left & bottom right hand buttons at the same time until you see the fitbit logo) & I removed my Charge2 from my app leaving just the Versa associated with it & hey presto... syncing is back to normal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should clarify that I re-booted not just switched off. Re-boot holding left (back) switch and lower right simultaniously until Fitbit logo appears.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to everyone who has replied, I appreciate your effort.

Trackers are connected only to one Win phone. Husband and I have had various fitbits for 2 years and never had this syncing issues.The problem started when I got my replacement Versa..

All unused fitbits have been removed/unpaired from the Fitbit app. I also make sure I try to sync when husband's not around with his fitbit and phone just to exclude this issue. I only use tabled to check whether my issues are Win Phone-related, in general Android tablet has its Bluetooth turned off.

I have tried restarting the phone, turning Bluetooth on and off - no effect. 

When I said I have unpaired and re-paired Versa to phone/tablet I meant that I did it through Fitbit app and then checked if the versa eas still visible in Bluetooth devices (it was not).

Tried reboot this morning - it synced after reboot (but it syncs after turn off/turn on sequence and reboot is essentially the same thing). I now need to wait for a few hours to see if it continues to sync. 

Thanks again and I'll check back in later to let you all know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VandaJL you say unpair from the Fitbit app, this actually removing the tracker from your Fitbit account. Doing this generally adds problems, not removed them. It required the tracker to be removed from the phones Bluetooth, the app will not do this.

If the tracker is not listed then the app never connected the tracker to the phone.

FYI a reboot or restart is not the same as a turn Off/On. A reboot only redtsrts the firmware or operating system, it does not always restart/reset hardware. Turning off/on will also reset the hardware.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks @VandaJL.

1. I did in fact remove the Charge2 from the app leaving only the Versa
associated with it (maybe, as you say i didn't need to do that & I could
have just turned of the charge2 bluetooth connection).

2. Then I re-booted the Versa.

And I have NO sync issues with the Versa at all now (touch wood!).

😀
Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is only paired to my Versa. I do not  have any other fitbits paired with it. I have stated so already but here it is again. There are no other fitbits paired either with my account or to my phone's Bluetooth.

Upon Versa restart (either by Shut down/turn on or by pressing lower right and left button untill fitbit logo appears) the watch syncs with the phone. It'll sync with my phone for approx. 24 hours and then it'll stop. I have tried turning phone's Bluetooth on and off, restarting the phone, reinstalling the fitbit app, turning wifi on and off, signing out from the fitbit app then restarting the phone, removing Versa from Bluetooth and from my account and reinstalling it - nothing of these fixes the issue. Only restart of the watch. Also, I have observed that if I restart the phone, it'll also refuse to sync until I restart the Versa as well.

In the mean time I have lost the ability to edit clockfaces (e.g. change colours of digits in Fitbit's clockface "Layers" - something I could do until now) and have also lost Health tracking within the phone. I'll be contacting the support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The question is not how many trackers are connected to the phone, but how many phones have been connected to the single Versa and has the other phones have had the Versa removed?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Telling the Bluetooth on the phone your trying to sync through to forget the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know English isn't my first language but I believe have stated quite clearly  2 times already that:

1. Phone restart tried and not helping

2. Versa is connected to one Win phone and one android tablet. I make sure Bluetooth is active on either win phone or tablet, never both at the same time, to prevent interference.

3. Tried telling phone to forget versa and reconnecting, issue not solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes