Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

versa radiation with bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know the radiation levels with bluetooth.  Is there an option to turn off the bluetooth on the Versa?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@greginboulder Fitbit trackers operate at such low RF power levels that they are exempt from the evaluation used for other devices (like cell phones). This means our trackers are in a completely separate category and emit significantly less energy than phones or other RF devices. I know that it's easy to worry about things like RF exposure, but hopefully, it helps to hear that our products operate far below FCC compliance levels, and are considered to be completely safe. There is no option to turn Bluetooth off.

In addition, this article will detail how the LEDs are just visible light and are as safe as any household lightbulb. I hope this helps to clarify any questions you may have.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Why? Do you really think Bluetooth is ionising radiation that capable of damaging DNA? It isn't.

That light you are capable of seeing, that is radiation, not ionising, that warmth you feel, that is radiation, not ionising, the wifi that is all around you, that is radiation, not ionising, the bluetooth that is in your devices, NOT ionising.

There is NO danger of harm from "radiation" that is non-ionising.

Not all "radiation" is the same. Gamma rays, they will damage you like nothing else, know why? They are ionising radiation with lots of energy that is more than capable of doing DNA damage and causing cancer.

Now if you hear people trying to scare you display to them they are ignorant and ask "Is that radiation ionising, well then why are you concerned about it? It can't do you me or anyone else damage, we evolved bathed in non-ionising radiation so those unable to cope are long long dead. Do you think we lost the ability to cope with non-ionising radiation? When? How? Why?"

Best Answer

@greginboulder Fitbit trackers operate at such low RF power levels that they are exempt from the evaluation used for other devices (like cell phones). This means our trackers are in a completely separate category and emit significantly less energy than phones or other RF devices. I know that it's easy to worry about things like RF exposure, but hopefully, it helps to hear that our products operate far below FCC compliance levels, and are considered to be completely safe. There is no option to turn Bluetooth off.

In addition, this article will detail how the LEDs are just visible light and are as safe as any household lightbulb. I hope this helps to clarify any questions you may have.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is FCC Compliance level and how they determine safe level?

What is the harm in giving a Bluetooth OFF system in Fitbit?

Fitbit continuously emit LED light. What are the harms of getting exposed to continuous LED light?

Best Answer

I agree. Allowing people to turnoff the bluetooth would be a positive idea. It would allow people to use their watch in jobs (buildings) where bluetooth is not allowed, it would allow those with RF sensitivities to wear a FitBit, plus thoe people who are unsure about the potential health impacts of continuous bluetooth (an increasing number of people) to happily wear a FitBit. Seems a commercial "no brainer" to Me!  

Best Answer

Anybody that claims they have RF sensitives cannot prove it. Not one single person has EVER been able to prove it.

Best Answer

But what is the harm in providing an option? Many things are not proved in the world...

Best Answer

Your cell phone emits more than a Fitbit ever would. Most people dont even bother to put their phone down. You should worry more about it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My phone is not tied to my body. Moreover, the phone is kept away for most of the time. Put the watch is continuously in touch with the body. So, I think it will be a smart option to put an ON/OFF button.

Best Answer

Disconnect from your phones Bluetooth. 

That is how your Bluetooth is on I assume. 

@greginboulder wrote:

Anyone know the radiation levels with bluetooth.  Is there an option to turn off the bluetooth on the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem with the device is that even if u keep your phone Bluetooth OFF the device keeps emitting Bluetooth Radiations...as there is no option to switch it off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree. I purchased a Fitbit versa about 4 months ago but then returned it a couple weeks later after finding out that I couldn't turn off the Bluetooth.  It's  unfortunate  because I really liked the Fitbit and found it to provide useful data and provided some motivation for being active, but I didn't feel comfortable knowing the Bluetooth was on 24/7. I think there have been enough people requesting this feature from Fitbit over the past few years, so it's ridiculous that they haven't added this feature. I'm sure it would be a simple feature to add and give customers peace of mind knowing they don't have Bluetooth radiation emitting next to their skin 24/7. 

There isn't enough scientific data out there to prove that the levels of radiation emitted by these fitness trackers are in fact safe. 

Best Answer

I agree - currently looking into sleep trackers that don’t need Bluetooth or WiFi on to record data. Anyone know of any?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

People always talk about the power level but what about the proximity? According to the inverse square law, my wearable is transmitting an exponentially higher % of its power than any other device, and all day, all night, for 50 years. Just let me turn it off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

“It” being the BT.

Best Answer
0 Votes

“Many things are not proved in the world” is a great line

Best Answer
0 Votes