3rd party clock faces for Charge 3

I have a Charge 3 and like a lot of things about it; it is waterproof, the design is slim, the vibration is nice and strong so works well as an alarm, and it has interchangeable bands.

On the down side is the limited selection of usable clock faces, which are the usual styles that Fitbit designers seem to limit themselves to doing, though in the case of Charge 3 those designs are more limited than on my old Charge 2 or on my Ionic. In fact, all of the clock faces I have liked on the Ionic were created by 3rd party designers. 

So my idea is to allow 3rd party clock faces for the Charge 3.  

That way, Fitbit doesn't have to design them, but the users will end up with a large selection of clock faces...some data heavy, some with configureable data selections, some digital 12/24 hour time and others analog with or without second hand, some with fewer larger numbers, but presumably most will use the *entire* screen space instead of leaving large areas of blank unused space.

Another feature I would like to see is the ability to select screen on-time as 5 vs 10 vs 15 vs 20 seconds, instead of the single 3 seconds it now has. Really? 3 seconds? The Ionic allows for a selection of timeouts on the device and it's very handy.

Finally, I would like to be able to set an alarm time from the Charge 3, not just from the app (which requires synching with the Charge 3, but that may or may not happen in time to *use* the alarm because of the synching issues).

If you start with one change, I would recommend allowing 3rd party clock faces, as that would make the greatest number of people happy, which would likely increase sales and decrease returns.  

24 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

Jan89
Base Runner

Yeah, it would definitely be awesome if 3rd Parties or we as users could create our own clock face with the info we want and/or need. The few different faces right now are a huge letdown for the majority of the community.

ogtimchi
Jogger

we should be able to create our own clock faces that suit our needs. I mean, I'm usually working and honestly use the fitbit to track my steps and the 7 faces usually have either steps and heart rate or heart rate and date. we should just be able to decide what suits us or create a clock face that has HR:MIN:SEC/date/steps (the full digital clock is more important) or just let us create it. oh and add the option to change to 24HR time.

ogtimchi
Jogger

and the seven clock faces look meh. I'm speaking of the charge 3. so, creating our own layout would be great.

dadsafrantic
Runner

i just want a longer time for face to be on, analog, steps and date.  all bright.

kostax
Base Runner

I didn't think I'd have to vote for this feature suggestion, but sadly the current offerings by Fitbit aren't great. I highly doubt they'd approve this. It's hard enough to get them to implement their own usable clock faces, but here's me being hopeful with my +1 vote.

YSNB
Jogger

I want clock face that shows

- clock

- date

- steps

- HR

It was available on Charge2. I don't care 3rd party or Fitbit, just want what 'smart' watch should show.

Grumpy-WV
Jogger

On My defunct Charge 2, I had a clock face with larger time (for my distant cataract vision), week day, and day of month.  Please provide this for the Charge 3

JayC1216
Jogger

I just purchased my first Fitbit Charge 3 and there’s so much to like but so many options to make available. Screen time and clock availability is a huge issue for me. 50% of the time I rotate my wrist with no clock to appear, never mind when it does appear for 2 seconds I almost forget what I saw. Also it would be nice to customize the open screen. Hoping for some more improvements to keep me from buying that Apple Watch!!

Jessedr
Jogger

I agree. That 3 seconds is way too short, at least 5 or 10 would be great. I assumed this was adjustable, but that I just hadn't found how yet. I guess not. That's weird. The clock face I'm looking for would have: Date, digital clock, heart rate. 

Thanks y'all

ernestinho
Recovery Runner

All good ideas. The ideal start (and it looks easier) is to allow the user to select the info he wants to see in the top and bottom lines. I would prefer date/hour/heart rate in the “steps done” instead of steps.

the samething with the exercise face. It would be great if we could select the top and bottom lines and not only the middle ones.

squipple
Jogger

I second YSNB. Time, Date, HR, Steps...in one face. 

Jessedr
Jogger
Honestly a day off the week would be a nice option as well. I more
frequently need to know which day of the week it is, (Monday Tuesday...)
than I need to know my heart rate or steps.

Seems like a customizable clock face would be the overall solution to this.
Or enough faces that cover all the option combinations.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As a long time Samsung user coming to a Fitbit charge 3 as my first Fitbit, I miss the customization that Samsung allows for its users.

I would like to see a watch face with 

Day of week (SAT)

Day of month number (15)

Time

Steps

Heart rate (but it is least important to me)

month name is not important as it doesn't change often like the day of week changes.

Example

SAT 15

4:57

Jessedr
Jogger
This would be great.

Thank you,
*Jesse Rhodes*
Jessedr
Jogger

I agree with MitziPlat. The question is, are these changes ever going to happen?

LarryQW
Base Runner

We really need more clock faces. I don't mind paying a third party for a good working face. It's been months and we still only have a few poor faces with minimal data, grey numbers, and small fonts that are hard to read.

Third party developers can fix the Charge 3 clock faces quickly. Let them in ASAP!

Glitched
First Steps

This needs to happen! Would make so many people happy. Me as a dev/desigerd, I would start developing watch faces immediately

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Freddie123
First Steps

I am utterly appalled by the limited amount of watch faces on the Fitbit charge devices, I would really really recommend that fitbit make more clock/watch faces by having more brand deals for example the fitbit blaze and addidas and how the fibit versa addition have a brand deal with bitmoji to make the watch faces better.

If Fitbit are reading this please take the following into account: Make Way more watch faces (30 or more), have 3rd party apps being able to make watch faces, have a custom mode so we can put everything where we want it to go and finally have more brand deals so we can have more freedom and slack to see the time on our watches everyday.

I hope you take this into account and make way more watch faces, if not you are going to make people disappointed like I am now.

Moderator edit: removed all caps

NicoRenee
Recovery Runner

I was VERY surprised to see that this latest request was "not an option" as the status of this request, considering the staggering number of users that WANT this to happen.  I would like to know WHY Fitbit WOULD NOT allow 1. 3rd parties to create clock faces for people to use or 2  take polls or something and create a few more clock faces that people ACTUALLY want to use.  Fitbit doesn't seem to be LISTENING to the end users for many of the latest issues that have been circulating.  Rather than just marking these issues as "Not at this time". Or whatever it is.. LISTEN, and do something. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NicoRenee, thanks for sharing your feedback. Fitbit is always reviewing comments and suggestions to provide feedback to our product development team. I appreciate your time in letting us know your input, we don't have an specific time frame on how long our team will take but we're passing your  suggestion along. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Nicosoccerfan
Recovery Runner

I think that Fitbit should really add some stuff to the Charge 3 like: Maybe a game of some sort or more cool clock faces. (Bitmoji clock faces would be cool.) More features like these would really make the Charge 3 stand out from other fitness watches of the same type, and would make more people consider buying the charge 3  instead of the more expensive watches. (Versa, Ionic). Please consider adding stuff like this to the charge 3.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nicosoccerfan. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

3rd party clock faces for Charge 3

Get a game in Charge 3

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.