7 day step reset every week (Monday to Sunday)

I have the Surge and think it's great!  It would be even better if you could get your own and your friends weekly number of steps to reset on a weekly basis (i.e. Monday to Sunday), rather than showing only the running total of the last 7 days on the Friends dashboard tile....an ongoing weekly competition would be such a motiviator for my friends and I!!

Moderator edit: Labels

31 Comments
EDiaz
First Steps

Don't count Monday to Monday as the daily total step count. Have the friends board reflect the beginning of the actual week to the end of the actual week so that I can tell how many total steps I have compared to friends. I don't want to have to rely on waiting for my Fitbit email to tell me what I got. I want a daily ACCURATE count. Having it update from the previous 7 days (ex: Monday to Monday) day is extremely confusing!!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @EDiaz! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your idea. I've moved it into a similar request. Feel free to share comments in this thread and keep sharing your suggestion in the future.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

NasserM
First Steps

Fitbit already has daily data reset to zero at midnight. Individuals can see their daily progress and goals during the day until midnight. If I set my goal to 10,000 steps. I can track my progress until I achieve the goal. This is good for the individual. My concern is with the weekly data. It should also reset to zero at the end of the week on Saturday. It will be possible to compete with each individuals fitbit community because you can see their step each day without keep data from previous week. You can also see zero steps if they have not synced their watches with the phone or PC. The present system is confusing to competitors even individuals. I request the fitbit programming team to allow reset of data at the end of each week. We can even have realtime fun competition or walk/run to meet a goal with friend away in real-time.

ACost
First Steps
Can the leaderboard feature be reset every Sunday night/Monday morning? This way members will be able to see each others step count for that week rather than the past 7days.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ACost, thanks for sharing this product feedback about resetting the leaderboard every week rather than showing the last 7 days steps with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.