7 day step reset every week (Monday to Sunday)

I have the Surge and think it's great!  It would be even better if you could get your own and your friends weekly number of steps to reset on a weekly basis (i.e. Monday to Sunday), rather than showing only the running total of the last 7 days on the Friends dashboard tile....an ongoing weekly competition would be such a motiviator for my friends and I!!

Moderator edit: Labels

31 Comments
Erika83
First Steps

I was thinking it would be more convenient and more motivational if the 7-day steps tracker would re-set to zero every week. It would give more of a sense of accomplishment instead of always seeing the same numbers all the time.

jobenheimer
First Steps

I agree!!  I thought of that too!  I sit and work at computer all day, and I go by the Monday through Sunday calendar week, so would be nice to be able to reset to reflect that.

Roseman
Recovery Runner

But I disagree - I pay a lot more attention to my weekly average than individual days as I have a great deal of variability in my daily schedule. Perhaps it could be a selectable option in settings?

Erika83
First Steps

Which is why you get the weekly report, you dont need the running total for that.

CinnamonT3
Jogger

I think it would be great as an option of what you want to view. It would be nice to be able to toggle between the two.

peSHIr
Recovery Runner

This should then be a user definable option, because I like the current way this works.

grandma22
Jogger

I would like to see my FitBit dashboard reset to ZERO when my week starts. My week starts on Sunday.  On Sunday morning I'd like my Dashboard to start at ZERO instead of have 50,000 steps. Does anyone else like this idea?  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

I totally love this idea! I think it would be better just because you will know how many steps you did for that week, rather than having data for the past 7 days as it currently is. 

Maddoglady
Jogger
Totally agree - it would be lovely having to start at zero each week... I get so excited when I see my number of steps total andctgen disappointed when it reduces after a sync 😕
ShandaB
First Steps

I'm just getting fitbit because my friends have one and I want to use it to motivate me. I would like to be able to reset it on Sunday/Monday.

Maddoglady
Jogger
Me too!! I've always wanted this!!! If others don't maybe they could set it as an on off option

Sent from my iPhone
Mgonz07
First Steps

Yes, please! Having the steps reset to zero each week would be great for keeping track of short-term goals and competition with friends. I like the idea of starting fresh each week, as well. I understand some people like the system the way it is, so please make it an option for those of us who do not. 

le5n
First Steps

Agreed 100%. 

sweetpea5899
Jogger

I would be much more motivated if all my friends started back at zero with me every Sunday morning. I get invited to challenges and such but never feel motivated because all of my friends stay so far ahead of me.

traderjane
First Steps

I agree!! I got justo compete with friends and family and it would be so much better if it reset to 0 at a certain day each week. 

traderjane
First Steps

I agree!! I got justo compete with friends and family and it would be so much better if it reset to 0 at a certain day each week. 

curliebonce
First Steps

I'm more often than not at the top of the friends 7 day rolling totals, however I do think the option to reset each week would be a good idea (preferably monday - sunday). Seeing a low number is not an incentive for some people to do more, but to give up instead. A clean slate would help to motivate those who may have had a bad week previously. 

shaylene79
First Steps

I think we should be provided an option to reset our week from scratch. I find it very confusing to see how I'm doing for the week. It would be wonderful to see how my steps numbers progress from each day so I can determine if I need to step it up to meet my weekly goal. Plus it is also hard to see how you are doing in comparison to your friends too. Please consider adding this option. Thank you!

Lady112017
Jogger

I think the option to toggle between the two scenarios would be great so that users could choose whichever is convenient for them.

TasteCrab
First Steps

The option to toggle these settings would be great. However, despite agreeing here, there are only 29 votes. Perhaps some facebook-abled people could start up a group or gather some attention to this? Just a suggestion 🙂

Beckydonald
Recovery Runner

It would be wonderful for the option to be available for daily totals. Some of your friends get so far ahead of you that you never catch them, maybe they went on a long hike and you had to work or something in that nature. It is really discouraging instead of pumping you up.  If it was daily you would feel more you could compete.  It's great that all the totals of all your friends are sent to you each week. I love that part.  But it would be so much more encouraging if it was daily so you wouldn't feel so far behind. 

I JUST received my first fitbit on Thursday and used it for the first time on Friday. I only have six friends who, since they've had theirs for years, are CLEARLY way ahead of me on the leaderboard. I thought, no worries, we will start fresh on Sunday since MY device is set to restart TODAY. Well, imagine my surprise and irriation at the non-displaying of zeros for everyone! If the purpose is to MOTIVATE, it's gone out the window because there won't be any. I  Will continue exercising because I enjoy it, but I could care less now about competing with my friends  as they would almost always stay at the top. The extra push I was looking for is no longer there. 

Beckydonald
Recovery Runner
You can open app on your phone and click on the challenges button on the
bottom toolbar. Then scroll down to apps inn the Challenges Section. You
can do a Daily Showdown there. Invite your friends and sign on daily. Hope
this helps.
Becky Donald
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just got my Fitbit on Saturday and was really looking forward to my leaderboard restarting this morning. To find out that this is not already a feature was very disappointing. Please add soon!!

MauraV
First Steps

I would love to have this feature because it bothers me that you don't really see your steps per week.

Sometimes the steps go up, sometimes they go down and it is so confusing.

I do understand that there are people who like the feature as it is now ( the 6days + today).

That's why I think that it would be better to add the functionality to chose if you want to reset steps or not in the settings.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.