Ability To Edit Manually Logged Exercise Type

I'm not sure what has changed, but it seems that I am no longer able to Edit Activities.  This seems like a huge inconvenience.  Sometimes having to enter actvities can be annoying, but it's helpful to have that feature.  What is annoying is that if I make a mistake, I am unable to correct it without having to delete and restart.  I bought this Fitbit to make tracking my exercise easier, not more difficult.  I am trying to find reasons to continue using it, but making tracking harder is not helping.  Please fix!  Thanks so much!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

1,051 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also want to be able to edit my activities!!!! Sometimes I wait two days before I log stuff on my PC and I get confused and have to edit after I see it all listed.

It was a lot easier to add activities and keep my days straight when each day had its own page. Now that my activities are just a list it is harder to see what I've done each day.

I hope that Fitbit changes the Log page back to the way that it used to be, and YES taking a feature away from your customers is a horrible idea. Whomever implemented that needs to be fired.

I also hate that I can't add activities to my favorites anymore. It is so hard to find the specific activity that you want, if you can make one a favorite it makes logging your activities SO much easier!

BAMacak
First Steps

Agreed. Please bring back removed "edit" features. In addition (since I didn't find this in the comments) how are users to control the display of the Activity History? Use to dislay only a few days' worth. Now it appears to be unending. I have to scroll endlessly to reach the Log Activities section. Customer Help advised manually deleting individual entries to shorten the display. But the question is does this remove the entries permanently or just from the display? One solution is place the Log Activities above the Activity History. 

Sheri
Jogger

Lost the ability to edit activities, now if I make a mistake I have to delete the activity and start over, why would you take that away?

Also, has anyone noticed that some of the previous activities are no longer in the list.  For example, there used to be multiple volleyball options (including beach) and multiple weight lifting options (and now there is just weights).  Not sure why this changed but it seems less flexible.

WinkyRN
Recovery Runner

I just had an activity I autostarted from the phone but forgot to stop it.  Actually I went to stop it but didnt see it going and thought it never started.  Turned out, the activity was in my status bar but didnt show in the activity area.  

In any case, I would really like to remove the last 20 minutes that I was doing nothing so my graphs are not as big and easier to see details.

I would sure love to be able to edit the activity window.

Lightsinger
Distance Runner

It has been two months since we requested this feature, and I think we've all been pretty patient waiting, but still nothing.  How many votes does this need to get before someone will respond to our need to be able to edit.  I'm having to wait until after I exercise to log things, and it's a huge pain trying to remember things so that I can do it later. 

willwhitworth
Recovery Runner

I too am anxious to see the Edit feature return. I have logged activities from my Fitbit Charge HR and forgot to stop it at the end of my activity. I would like to edit the activity to remove some time at the end, but I am unable to do so. Also, once I name an activity, I don't see a way to change it after the fact. Please bring these features back!

LaurenElysia
Recovery Runner

This is really becoming frustrating. I am not really sure we should have to fight to get features back. Especially something as essential as the ability to ensure our data is as accurate as possible. If you accidentally rename your workout wrong, (like changing the word "workout" to something else), you cannot fix it. So if it is mispelled, or mislabeled you have no choice but to delete the workout entirely? That hardly makes sense.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Frustating not being abale to edit activity entries as with flex - would be great be able to edit entries to:

1. Correct distance

2. Start/End time of activity (admitedly mostly end time when forget to stop timer)

3. Change activity classification/name

4. Do all above without loosing detailed HR, step and calorie burn info

_carloc
Jogger

Please add the ability to edit recorded activities, this is especially important for non step-relatec activities (e.g. cycling): if I enter themy cycling manually then the dashboard things I'm a zombi because there is no HR recorded, and if I keep the HR recorded by my Charge HR during my cycling then of course the distance is way off...

It would be really useful to have these two funcionalities combined: we could keep the HR recorded by the wristband but properly edit the workout time and distance (and time, if needed)

Jonde
First Steps

It's not possible to change excercise type afterwards in the mobile app. I for example accidently added my excercise as Cleaning instead of CrossFit - I would like to change it to what it really was.

fifthwheel
Base Runner

Edit, edit, edit!!! 

Please, Fitbit, if there is one feature that needs to be changed, it's the ability to edit start and stop times for activities when started on the Charge HR! 

I know this has been brought up already, but it's one of those that needs to be brought up again! 

mikeharro
First Steps

Hi, just adding my support to

@TryingToMakeIt wrote:

I'm not sure what has changed, but it seems that I am no longer able to Edit Activities.  This seems like a huge inconvenience.  Sometimes having to enter actvities can be annoying, but it's helpful to have that feature.  What is annoying is that if I make a mistake, I am unable to correct it without having to delete and restart.  I bought this Fitbit to make tracking my exercise easier, not more difficult.  I am trying to find reasons to continue using it, but making tracking harder is not helping.  Please fix!  Thanks so much!

Moderator edit: added labels for visibility

Hi, I'd like to add my support to edit activities. I do a lot of bike riding and would be good to edit the distance. Thanks.

Aurélien
First Steps

Hi,

I have a ergometer and this is frustrating to not be able to enter the distance after one hour of effort.

Please bring it back!

Thanks!

Fitzhemingway
Walker
I forgot to stop exercise mode, went 4 hours instead of two and there's no way to change that? Basic stuff like that will go a long way towards customer satisfaction.
gobeagl
Runner

It looks like there is enough feedback on this subject to warrant attention.  I'm adding it as a "new idea" because I've posted in the discussion forum several times and it seems like there is no response from FitBit. Deleting and starting over is frustrating and cumbersome.  Please Fix! Thank you!

Ermano
Recovery Runner

Please add the ability to edit activities uploaded by Surge.

Updating distance, calories, etc.

Adding a description.

Add the ability to export tcx and/or gpx file.

dbailey322
First Steps
Often forget to stop and sometimes start a session, would be great to be able to edit start/stop times in app
mcgoo32
Recovery Runner
I would like the chance to rename logged workouts so that I can see stats against actual work out names rather than types.

For instance I do the insanity workouts - it would be more useful for me to see the workout title beside each day rather than 6 days of 'circuit training' - it also let's me keep track of where I am in the program.

Same feature with runs would be good.

Thanks

Dan
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm new to the fitbit system and labeled some activities wrong.  I would like to go back and edit/correct some of them so they remain consistant with labeling future activities.

mrichard
First Steps

I forgot to turn off the tracking on my ChargeHR after working out today.  I realized it 7 hours after I left the gym.  It would be great to be able to edit the start/stop time on workouts instead of having to delete it.

NilsZero
Jogger

Don't tell me you're considering adding the edit feature – restore would be more correct. I also don't undestand why it would be removed, but how hard can it be to reuse old code.

Unless that's the real reason its gone – lazy app devs.

TCJake
Jogger
YES, please!!! We need to be able to edit the start & stop time of a workout. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one!! Thank you.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
JasonSki6
Jogger

I agree with many of the others above.  I have a Charge and always forget to stop my exercise time at the end.  So I really need to be able to edit the stop time of the activity in the app and on my PC.  Deleting the activity and re-adding it manually from scratch with the correct time is very annoying!

teenyjem
Jogger

The pencil icon (on the web interface http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-log-or-record-an-activity/) doesnt do this for all activities! I did a spinning class and kept in that mode for 2 hours instead of the 1 hr it actually was. It will let you edit workouts with the pencil icon, but not my spinning class? Why? It will only let me delete the whole workout, which i dont want to do!Can only edit workouts.png

Just add it as a quick feature in the update, PLEASE!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.