Ability To Edit Manually Logged Exercise Type

I'm not sure what has changed, but it seems that I am no longer able to Edit Activities.  This seems like a huge inconvenience.  Sometimes having to enter actvities can be annoying, but it's helpful to have that feature.  What is annoying is that if I make a mistake, I am unable to correct it without having to delete and restart.  I bought this Fitbit to make tracking my exercise easier, not more difficult.  I am trying to find reasons to continue using it, but making tracking harder is not helping.  Please fix!  Thanks so much!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

1,051 Comments
hamiltonia
First Steps

I was going to post a similar request (need to be able to edit), so I'll just copy and paste it here (plus a +1). Additionally as described in the comments here - the edit feature does not allow you to change all of the data, including the activity type. 

---- copy/paste ----

I use a Fitbit Charge HR, along with my iPhone while working out. After the workout I’m able to successfully sync from my Fitbit and the workout it recognized, I can then categorize my workout, I typically lift weights or use an elliptical machine.

On occasion I accidentally choose the wrong workout type – this typically happens because I’m in a hurry, or just fat fingered when selecting the options in the UI. After doing this I can find no way change the workout type (from either the phone app, or the website).

It would be nice if there were a way to go back and modify the workout type after setting it.

I’m not sure if the activity has any real impact on my workout data, but I want it right (call my OCD if you will). As a workaround I currently delete the entire workout, which loses all of my heart rate data, and then manually reentering the workout from fitbit.com where I correctly set the work out type. Losing my HR data is not ideal.
SharonBrown
First Steps
Yes this would be very helpful! Also being able to modify the name of the exercise. I always instinctively click "run" when I catergorize my workout and can't remodify afterwards to basketball or walking, etc...
Bear15618
Jogger

My Charge HR is horribly off when I record a run, I'd like to be able to edit the distance so I don't have to create a new log entry which destroys some of the recorded data and then have to delete my orignal log(because there would now be two entrys that are the same).

cfer1000
Jogger

This shouldn't even be a major development. A change to the website / db to allow multiple name edits is simple.

I would love the app/website to be able to allow edits of activity names if I have incorrectly labelled an activity.

Thankyou

Shouldn't be a difficult fix I wouldn't have though.  You can already edit the name once so surely you should be able to edit it again if you have incorrectly labelled it.

Thankyou

BrianT
Recovery Runner

I find that I usually remember to turn the excercise mode on, but routinely forget to turn it off. We should be able to look a the logged excercise and change the end time. (on charge hr)

I would also like to be able to see todays workout or activitie in the recent activiteis list. 

BrianT
Recovery Runner

The edit of time also needs to take the collected data out of the workout and put back into the fit bit tracking system. So for example, if you do a 1hr workout, but leave the timer running for two hours, when you edit the end time, everyhting that happens after the new end time needs to transfer out of the workout and back into the regular day tracking. 

Semmy
First Steps

Hi,

I would like a feature ability that allows me to go back and change the activity type from Barre class to spinning class.  I find it frustrating that the dashboard online nor the app gives me the ability to do so after I incorrectly selected the wrong category.  Please update the feature! 

Thank you.

S

kadamsbus
Jogger

Can I edit the end time on an exercise?

BrianT
Recovery Runner

@SunsetRunner wrote:

You can do this on the web interface http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-log-or-record-an-activity/

Moderator edit: added labels for visibility

No you cannot. You can only edit manual excercise entries. If you use the record function to capture a workout, you cannot edit after. You can delete it and create a manual entry, but it wont contain any of the HR data from the workout you recorded. 

Not that the HR info is in any way accurate...

RedPlanet
Base Runner

Thanks for mentioning your development plans to add editing for an exercise -- on the app and on the web with the PC.  The Charge HR gives more information and samples heart rates more frequently when you "log" an activity, so it's important to have the correct times and the correct names for the exercise. 

km141
First Steps

I just got a fitbit HR. I do many activities than simply walking based ones and want to track all in one app against calories etc. I find the fitbit calorie count for other activities is low and needs to be adjusted. Currently I'm tracking then reentering with new calorie count and deleting the tracked activity. This is super annoying.

I'd like to be able to track an activity then edit all aspects of it (eg: type, duration, distance, and especially calories) from both the app and the desktop. 

Achilles75
Keeping Pace

Just got a Charge HR about 10 days ago. The inability to edit activites is the only thing I dislike about this entire platform. The lack of this feature makes no sense at all. Please add/restore this feature ASAP. 

RedPlanet
Base Runner
Many of us want to edit exercises. I want to extend that request
slightly. When I play a league soccer game, I cannot wear the Charge HR
since it looks like a watch and the referee would ask me to take it off. So
I log the event as "soccer", and hope
that Fitbit uses my previous entries for soccer to estimate the one where I
could not wear the HR.

On the other hand, I use the Fitbit One to track my steps during a league
game, and estimate my statistics by comparing step counts to free play
soccer games. I would also like to enter heart rate values since it
will have similar performance numbers to other soccer games. So, can you
think about my feature request when you add the editing features?
ThorAsgard
Premium User
Powerwalker

Would have thought the ability to edit an activity is a basic feature, maybe for FitBit it's not.

Please can we have it.

Thank you (from a new FitBit user)

lml124
Jogger

Please restore this feature!

The instructions to edit a recorded activity are still in your archives. I was pretty diapointed to find they don't work!

lmryckman
Recovery Runner

I agree with this request.  I want to be able to use the GPS tracker in the FitBit app, but update it to the steps tracked by my tracker.  The app does not record steps accuratly. 

TomasK
Stepping Up

Can you implement feature rename workout in android app. Now I can rename workout only on dasbord on the web.

fifthwheel
Base Runner

It's true that you can add activities based on the link above that BrianT posted. If you forget your Fitbit or don't turn it on, you can manually add activities. It's not as accurate, as the actual activity, though, and does not negate the need for the ability to edit activities. 

hhduffy
First Steps

Same frustration here. I accidently picked cycling when i meant running -- huge difference. Opps! But this seems like a basic feature. Please add this function. Pretty please. 🙂

ShaolinTiger
First Steps

This is absolutely essential and it's such a simple feature to add the the UI.

And it's weird, activities added manually can be edited (uh), but those tracked with my Fitbit Charge HR by activating activity mode cannot.

And I can only name/assign them once, so if the interface lags and I click the wrong thing, or I make a typo - there's no way for me to amend it.

If I delete the entry and add it back manually for the same time frame I lose step count, calories burnt etc.

So frustrating!

MYG
Jogger

Hey Fitbit, can you please comment on this please, this is EXTREMELY frustrating!

Went for a run this morning, 33 mins. I then selected the wrong activity. As I could not change it, I deleted it, and reentered a new activity with the correct title at exactly the same time, and the step count changed!!!!

Initial activity:

step count was 5,229 for the activity and 7,186 for the whole day

After deleting and reentering the activity at exactly the same time and for the same duration:

step count is now 4,419 for the activity and 6,319 for the day

This makes absolutely no sense, please fix this ASAP!!!

It should not be THAT difficult to fix, right?

Thanks!

AT01
Jogger

I'd like to see an edit feature in the Exercise Workout section.

Sometimes I accidentally hit the wrong category (eg. Walk, instead of Swim) and then can't seem to change it - only delete it.

BettyM
Jogger

It would also be helpful to ADD exercises.  ie. "Situps" don't exist as an option.

Thanks

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.